• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 35

71 posts in this topic

hmm, would you think that it is possible that the buyer thought the Tec 35 offered for sale was not just a front cover, but rather a complete book?

That's what I was thinking but hard to imagine two or more bidders thought this as well....At 5 grand for a Front Cover only, Heritage may be offering more than a few Tec # 35's in their future auctions..Seems to be an intentional price run up hm

Well seeing that some collectors miss reading the titles to an auction and just scroll down to see the picture of the book can be a possibility. It is likely that the 2 who were battling it out for the cover may have thought that it was a complete book. Who knows, maybe we're way off, but it's definitely something to think about. I just can't fathom $5k for just a cover.

hmm, would you think that it is possible that the buyer thought the Tec 35 offered for sale was not just a front cover, but rather a complete book?
If so, will we even hear about it when they back out of the deal?

Heritage should have had at least two scans of that book.

One of the front cover { that they did}.

And one of the interior front cover {that was lacking}.

This alone may have also clarified what was only being offered at auction.

Also the bidders would have at least viewed the quality of the interior cover.

For all we know it could have been brown or brittle or cream to white.

It would be nice to know before bidding high amounts :popcorn:

I definitely agree. The scan to me looks misleading and I thought at first BEFORE READING the title that it was a complete book. I tend to just scroll down to the picture and not even read about what it says. But, Heritage should've definitely scanned the front inside cover.

I definitely agree. The scan to me looks misleading and I thought at first BEFORE READING the title that it was a complete book. I tend to just scroll down to the picture and not even read about what it says. But, Heritage should've definitely scanned the front inside cover.

If they'd added a second scan that might have further let people to think it was the whole book. I looked at the link and it seemed like they tried to make clear that they were auctioning the front cover only.

guys, heritage clearly state it is a front cover only....I suspect there was no intentional deception on their part....if someone can't read, well then , they deserve what they pay for

guys, heritage clearly state it is a front cover only....I suspect there was no intentional deception on their part....if someone can't read, well then , they deserve what they pay for

:golfclap:

Yes, yes. If someone is going to pay lots of money for something, they should be expected to READ the description and nobody should be expected to hold their hand or give them special color codes or pictures just in case the person (with thousands of dollars in discretionary money) is not able or willing to READ.

Gee... where else might we apply this unassailable logic?

Hmmmmm

I just looked at the e-bay listing. It appears there were only two bids and both were at the auction itself. This would imply that they both 'knew what they were doing.' We do not know what they were thinking (and we can wonder if they were thinking).

Jerome

I just looked at the e-bay listing. It appears there were only two bids and both were at the auction itself. This would imply that they both 'knew what they were doing.' We do not know what they were thinking (and we can wonder if they were thinking).

Jerome

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

That's what I was thinking but hard to imagine two or more bidders thought this as well....At 5 grand for a Front Cover only, Heritage may be offering more than a few Tec # 35's in their future auctions..Seems to be an intentional price run up hm

Well seeing that some collectors miss reading the titles to an auction and just scroll down to see the picture of the book can be a possibility. It is likely that the 2 who were battling it out for the cover may have thought that it was a complete book. Who knows, maybe we're way off, but it's definitely something to think about. I just can't fathom $5k for just a cover.

I sold a Double Action 2 cover (complete front and back) three years ago for $4,000. At the time I asked Ed Jaster his thoughts and he replied that he would do that deal in a heartbeat.

I've got to figure that cover is worth twice this one...