• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.4 copy of AA #16?!

188 posts in this topic

Marvel 1 to 10 was sold in 1983 by chuck for 50k

Right, but to who? I don't think Verzyl bought it from Chuck. I think he got it from Geppi. I remember Jon talking about how he looked at the book for the longest time, trying to find a defect that would allow him to make a cheaper offer, but he couldn't find a single defect anywhere on the book.

The owner of the Alexander Gallery

Marvel 1 to 10 was sold in 1983 by chuck for 50k

Right, but to who? I don't think Verzyl bought it from Chuck. I think he got it from Geppi. I remember Jon talking about how he looked at the book for the longest time, trying to find a defect that would allow him to make a cheaper offer, but he couldn't find a single defect anywhere on the book.

Wow do you think Geppi wishes he never sold the books? We are talking about some of the most popular GA books around and they are second to none. I can't even begin to imagine what a 9.6 copy (or even a 9.8 perhaps? :cloud9:) of issue #9 would go for today. These books should be kept together and placed in a museum.

The owner of the Alexander Gallery

is he still active in comics?

Original Art, yes. Comics -- don't think so but don't really know.