• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #5 ( my favorite and my worst nightmare )

17 posts in this topic

This one is my all time favorite, but also my worst nightmare :frustrated:as a collector. I bought a lage run of early marvel first appearances, and when I took this one out of the bag, I did not remove the tape and it caught on the top, I had no choice but to pull it off doh!:censored::tonofbricks:

Still it is a great book, complete, off white pages no other tears etc.

ff5rr0.jpg

ff5bzn9.jpg

WEBHEAD

If it ever happens again. Stop grab a blow drier heat up the tape and slowly lift the tape up and I do mean slowly, be sure keep heating the tape with the blow drier as well (you don't want it to cool) and presto no tape snag. Sadly the first thing people do is grab and pull thats a no no. A minute or two of patience and all will be well.

ALWAYS take the tape completely off the bag/mylite first (or at the very least stick it to the side of the thing).

OTOH at least it was lower grade to begin with...

I'm thinking approx 4.0, as well. lots of little stuff wrong, but stepping back and looking at it, it still looks good................ (thumbs u

I do use tape on my mylars but almost always break the tape seal so there's no sticky edges exposed. i didn't do it the other day and snagged a book with the flopping tape edge. fortunately, i reacted fast and the tape pulled off fairly easily............... :eek:

If it ever happens again. Stop grab a blow drier heat up the tape and slowly lift the tape up and I do mean slowly, be sure keep heating the tape with the blow drier as well (you don't want it to cool) and presto no tape snag. Sadly the first thing people do is grab and pull thats a no no. A minute or two of patience and all will be well.

Will that work on GA books too? :whistle:

VG- (3.5) on the FF5

I've had this happen, and have found that if you pull the tape off extremely carefully it will come off without the paper. And when I say slow, I mean so slow that you are barely moving it.

At least this pull is fairly inconspicuous, and it is still a nice book. 4.0.