• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Collection

59 posts in this topic

I kinda feel sad for Chuck. I bet he wishes he would have held onto the collection. As discussed in another thread it would be worth anywhere between 30-75 million today. He probably didn't even clear a million or so.

No. He built an empire that has made him a decent living his whole life, doing what he likes to do.

Not such a bad deal for him. :gossip:

I kinda feel sad for Chuck. I bet he wishes he would have held onto the collection. As discussed in another thread it would be worth anywhere between 30-75 million today. He probably didn't even clear a million or so.

No. He built an empire that has made him a decent living his whole life, doing what he likes to do.

Not such a bad deal for him. :gossip:

Yup. He's argueably one of the largest comic book dealers in the world because of it.

R.

I kinda feel sad for Chuck. I bet he wishes he would have held onto the collection.

Feel sad for Chuck? WTF?

Without Edgar Church's books literally falling in his lap, Chuckles would be sitting on a street corner asking for spare change.

I kinda feel sad for Chuck. I bet he wishes he would have held onto the collection.

Feel sad for Chuck? WTF?

Without Edgar Church's books literally falling in his lap, Chuckles would be sitting on a street corner asking for spare change.

I guess I should have put a sarcasm greamlin in the post. I know he made some bucks, but I don't think he made a killing compared to what the collection is worth today.

Feel sad for Chuck? WTF?

I guess I should have put a sarcasm greamlin in the post. I know he made some bucks, but I don't think he made a killing compared to what the collection is worth today.

No, but I think he's done quite well off it considering he "invested" that money and it has paid dividends for the last 30 years.

I don't think he could have done much better. He has plenty of money to buy pot...tery when he wants it, and buy a box of Fruit Loops when he gets munch...er...hungry.

From the day before he got the call about Edgar Church's comics, to the day after, Chuck had possibly the biggest turn of luck in the history of mankind.

Nah, the last few people that won over a quarter billion in powerball or mega million would put Chuck's luck to shame. They could buy the Mile High Collection in today's dollars and still have 10s of millions left over.

From the day before he got the call about Edgar Church's comics, to the day after, Chuck had possibly the biggest turn of luck in the history of mankind.

Nah, the last few people that won over a quarter billion in powerball or mega million would put Chuck's luck to shame. They could buy the Mile High Collection in todays dollars and still have 10s of millions left over.

But they will probably blow through that money in a few years and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

they'll never get mine, dont care how many wheelbarrows of money they bring :cloud9:

Nah, the last few people that won over a quarter billion in powerball or mega million would put Chuck's luck to shame. They could buy the Mile High Collection in today's dollars and still have 10s of millions left over.

they'll never get mine, dont care how many wheelbarrows of money they bring :cloud9:

Everything is for sale. It is just the price that has to be negotiated.

It's the Edgar Church collection. :gossip:

(worship)

x2

The sooner we can get people to stop talking about Edgar Church's books using the MH nomenclature, the happier I'll be. Goes the same for O'Reilly's books as well :sumo:

(thumbs u

Definitely agree with you on that. Not that I don't like Mile High, but I like it being associated with the man that amassed this incredible collection. God bless Edgar Church!

Think also about how big dealers of the time like Bruce Hamilton got to come in and cherry-pick parts of the collection for bargain-basement prices. I'm sure there was excitement all around.

How could Chuck have made millions if he let people cherry pick the collection at bargain basement prices? If that's the case, then maybe Chuck isn't the ogre he is made out to be. He found an incredible collection and bought it for cheap and he passed the best stuff on to other dealers for rock bottom prices. Doesn't sound like Chuck maximized his profit.