• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay flipper/swindler that rivals Comickeys & Robojo33...check this out!

144 posts in this topic

And you know what else? Even in the few instances where books with very slight color touch have been given blue labels.....the label indicated that the book had COLOR TOUCH. Not "markings". Sheesh

And you know what else? Even in the few instances where books with very slight color touch have been given blue labels.....the label indicated that the book had COLOR TOUCH. Not "markings". Sheesh

and, they always say "very slight" or "very small" amount... no blue label says "color touch" without clarifying for the buyer that it is a miniscule amount

SCUMBAG UPDATE:

As a result of increasing negs and neutrals from his massive overgrading (and perhaps this thread) the dirtbag ssteve1011recently switched his eBay seller name to 19jack76. And he is now using a shill to sell some of the more obvious scams he failed to sell under his old ID...funny thing is, he was once again foolish enough to make it easy to connect himself to the shill. Why? Because this mental giant won a whole bunch of .99-cent auctions from himself with his shill and gave himself a lot of really positive feedback. Here are the shill auctions...obviously the same hugely overgraded crapola he bought and tried to sell under his old ID:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsspidey76

Thanks for the update (thumbs u

But it is reassuring that there isn't a blanket of ignorance out there, as guys aren't all blindly buying this guys mutton dressed up as lamb.

It seems it should be 'don't buy the label (CGC or ebay), buy the book'.

Even in some of his poor azzed photo's, the books are clearly overgraded.

Got my books from 19steve76 and boy are they no where near VF as he indicated. There is a spine split etc, the book looks like a VG/F instead. I just got the book yesterday so I will scan it so boardies can let me know what you guys think. This guy has got to go or at least let people know not to buy from him.

Bluechip,

I don't know what drugs you're smoking, but it seems like absolutely nothing counts as restored to you. You've got some really outdated opinions on that whole subject, man. Any kind of cosmetic or structure change to a book is restoration. Suck it up like the rest of us. :sumo:

SCUMBAG UPDATE:

As a result of increasing negs and neutrals from his massive overgrading (and perhaps this thread) the dirtbag ssteve1011recently switched his eBay seller name to 19jack76. And he is now using a shill to sell some of the more obvious scams he failed to sell under his old ID...funny thing is, he was once again foolish enough to make it easy to connect himself to the shill. Why? Because this mental giant won a whole bunch of .99-cent auctions from himself with his shill and gave himself a lot of really positive feedback. Here are the shill auctions...obviously the same hugely overgraded crapola he bought and tried to sell under his old ID:

But it is reassuring that there isn't a blanket of ignorance out there, as guys aren't all blindly buying this guys mutton dressed up as lamb.

Got my books from 19steve76 and boy are they no where near VF as he indicated. There is a spine split etc, the book looks like a VG/F instead. I just got the book yesterday so I will scan it so boardies can let me know what you guys think. This guy has got to go or at least let people know not to buy from him.

Leave negative feedback and report him. Most people on this forum are already aware of him, but there's still a sucker born every minute waiting for him to mark down another notch.

SCUMBAG UPDATE:

Lobo...sorry you got burned. Please be sure to leave appropriate feedback so that other eBayers will know to avoid him. This has been said time and time again on this board but it bears repeating for newer members and lurkers: Horrible overgrading/scamming sellers like him hang around a lot longer than they should because 1) Most buyers don't know how to grade and just assume that his idea of a VF is what a VF is really supposed to look like. and 2) The few buyers who DO know how to grade don't leave honest feedback (NEG) for fear of a retaliatory neg.

A few experiences like your are the very reason I created a separate buying-only ID on eBay so I can neg with impunity when it is warranted. (thumbs u

I bought a raw book from him that still had the archival paper in it... :doh:

I put archival sheets in all my GA books. I've had one guy freakout because he thought I had cracked a slab and sold the book raw, which I didn't....but so what if I had? As long as I didn't lie about the grade or resto.

I had that happen to me once before as well. I told him I use archival paper in all my GA books. His last reply was something like, 'well you must really take good care of your books'. I'm not sure if that was meant to be a snide remark or a peace offering. (shrug)

I love that he used the same picture from your listing, but made sure to give it the "eBay shrink" so as to make the defects less discernible! (Not to mention disregarding the back scan)

What a scumbag... :P

19Jack76 is a crook, but he'll do anything to protect his feedback, which is why he has such a high % of positives.I recently started collecting again, after a 15 year or so hiatus. I quit in disgust when the companies were doing all that annoying in the early 90's; you know, the Valiant era. Got back into it when a friend bought me a few trades of recent books, and it was good stuff.So anyway, one of the first things I did was start cruising Ebay, and he was the first person I bought from. Darn near soured me on comics all over again.I saw a few books that I thought were good deals (Werewold by Night #32, Iron Fist #14, and Uncanny X-Men 101). All were listed as VF-NM. Then, three weeks later (wtf, he lives 50 miles away from me) I got my books, and I was NOT pleased.The only one that was close to the correct grade was the X-Men, which MIGHT squeak by with a VF-. The WWbN was a G-, and the IF maybe a VG...and I think those grades are generous.Now, I wouldn't have bought those books if the scans he provided even remotely looked like that. As tiny as his pics are, you'd still be able to notice such flaws as were present in my WWbN (which I'll post pics of). After I got the books I did some research on his auctions (which I should have done in the first place, but I only looked at his feedback. doh! Found out he was using the same scan for every issue of any particular comic he's ever sold. My WWbN had the same pic for three other auctions he'd sold in the last three months, slightly offset in the picture and everything. By now I was feeling pretty stupid and more than a little angry.I contact the guy and call him out on it. He hems and haws about the pictures, saying it was an honest mistake, and he wants to make things right. Offers me a little (very little) cash back, or will take the books back for a full refund. By this point, I knew he was a scammer, and I wasn't about to risk mailing the books back to him before I got a refund...by now it's been almost 7 weeks since the end of the auction and he was clearly dragging his feet so the Paypal protection would expire; I'm sure it would have taken another three weeks for the books to travel the 50 miles back to him (I was tempted to hand-deliver them with a baseball bat). I didn't know all the ins & outs of Paypal at the time, and I wanted to be done with the guy, so I counterofferred that he refund me the guide price difference in grades, or I wreck his feedback. He accepted. Now that I've joined the CGC and these boards I wish I'd eaten the money and given him bad feedback anyway. I'll chalk it up as a lesson learned...I'm just glad I held off buying a Hulk #181 from him until after I bought those cheaper comics to see if they were up to par. So, SO glad I did.Anyway, here's the scan of the actual WWbN he listed as VF-NM. Note the horrid condition of the spine, the top indents, the upper right corner, the LLC multiple bends, the non-color breaking scratch across Moon Knight's upper left thigh, the spine roll, and generally poor condition overall.GOD this guy makes me sick.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've also noticed that anytime someone DOES leave him bad feedback, he usesthe 'sour grapes' method, always somehow blaming the buyer. Jerk.

:bump:

Kudos to this thread! I almost just fell for a FF 48 VF listed by this seller (19jack76) at a low BIN. Before hitting the BIN, I did a quick search and came up with this thread, thank goodness!

He seemingly has an endless supply of VF to NM Hulk 181s, X-men 101s, ASM 129s, FF 48s, etc. And he has glowing feedback for his grading!

Either he is shilling his own BINs and leaving feedback, or there are a lot of easily satisfied buyers out there!

19jack76 Store Link

Almost bought the X-Men 94 he has listed but was hesitant when he replied with this after I requested a better scan:

Hi, these are the best pics I have. I accept returns withing the first week of recieving the books.

Thanks Steve

The WWbN was a G-

I'm not being insensitive to being ripped off, but was that the pile of books you had under the two New Mutant 98's when you joked "My NM 98's are the cornerstone of my collection" as I knew what you were doing? I was even a little envious when I saw the WWBN 32.

Now it breaks my heart to hear how the whole story came together. Sorry this happened. At least you kept a strong sense of humor or else you could go "Jay and Silent Bob" on the guy and drive over for a quick hello.

DON'T DO THAT!

That's good research. I see no problem with you sending these to people who buy from him. But I would recommend doing it without any opinions. Let the links and pics speak entirely for themselves.

Sellers have the option of whether or not to reveal buyers/bidders names, correct? So after the first or second bidder emails him asking wtf, won't he simply turn off the names? Still worth it just to prevent one burn though...

Its strange that his buyers don't seem to be unhappy with the books,for the most part.

I believe the majority of comic collectors are nowhere near as knowledgeable as the people on this board. (I do not count myself in the knowledgeable group, I'm more of an observer than an actual collector and about the only thing I know is that I know very little).

CAUTION

SPOTED AGAIN!!!!!!!

Here a link of a product >> other items!!!

THE individual_without_enough_empathy IS BACK AND I BOUGHT A GIANT SIZE X-MEN #1 FROM HIM!!!

Does anybody know what I can do now to get my money back???

Be warned that this dirtbag has changed his eBay ID once again to marvelous-marvels

He also has another ID but since he keeps changing them I lost track of that one. One constant is that he offers "high-grade" key Marvels at very low Buy It Now prices...the scans are NEVER the comic you will actually receive and all of his offerings are books he bought off eBay that are in the VG to FN range and he sells them as VF/NM. Check out all his feedback as a buyer and you will see those books up for sale very soon with dramatically inflated grades. Too bad so many people keep getting taken by this guy...notice how many of his positive feedbacks mention his customer service because he quickly refunds people who notice the book they received isn't the one pictured. It is pathetic how many "accidentally sent the wrong book" and "had multiple copies and the wrong one was accidentally pictured" comments he has in his feedback that people ignore and don't read the writing on the wall. Sigh...

It's shameless individuals like this guy who make me shiver at the thought of purchasing another comic book touted as "NM" on Ebay. But, since my enthusiasm for collecting supersedes my fear of continuing to get duped, I'm in search of an ebay tool/ad-on/widget that would assist me in making searches....In particular, does anyone have knowledge of an Ebay search tool that can filter out all comic book sellers with less than a 4.9/5.0 rating on "item as described"? That way I could save time on my searches and dramatically limit my chances of purchasing a book that is more likely to be overgraded.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!