• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A -Team movie ?!

22 posts in this topic

20TH CENTURY FOX LOVES IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER

Long in development, the A-Team movie's imminent production got a bit of a backdoor announcement this week in the form of 20th Century Fox adding the title to its release calendar, aiming for a summer date of June 12th, 2009. The adaptation of the 1980s adventure TV series about a foursome of Vietnam vets on the run who travel around helping people as classifieds-advertising vigilantes has for years been the subject of thousands of "dream casting" type web sites and posts. If someone is beefy, famous and and black, then someone else somewhere has suggested they'd be perfect to play B.A. Barracus. The same goes for wacky comedian types and Murdock. Regardless, no official casting has been announced yet. What we do know, however, is that the current director is John Singleton (Shaft, 2 Fast 2 Furious) and the -script will be by his writing team (Michael Brandt and Derek Haas) from 2 Fast 2 Furious (and also, 3:10 to Yuma). So, join the fun... who do *you* think would be best for each of the show's iconic characters

I have long held that the template for "The A Team" was the Fantastic Four.

Peppard - Mr Fantastic

Mr T - Thing

Dwight Schultz - Human Torch (even the name "Howling Mad" is straight out of Marvel)

Chick of the day - Sue Storm

I know I have omitted Dirk Benedict, but I don't think it is too long a bow to draw.

George Peppard is dead, I was one of the last persons to take his X-Ray on a Friday night. He died of pneumonia due to cancer treatment complications the next morning. He didn't seem too bad when he came into the emergency room at the hospital (he was talking and ambulatory, with just a heavy cough apparent) and I was actually shocked when I woke up the next morning (Saturday) to hear on the news that he had passed away.

He won't be reprising or making a cameo role.

Almost every television show that is turned into a motion picture lately has been a disaster. I know there are exceptions, but Bewitched, Miami Vice, Charlie's Angels, and Dukes of Hazzard spring to mind. Older adaptations like Addam's Family and The Fugitive I thought were better.

We'll see if that continues with Get Smart and, gulp, the A-Team.

Ed Harris for Peppard maybe... I dunno the A-team is soooo 80's I wouldnt want to be the one to ruin it. These is such a thing as a good cheesy show and the A-Team and Magnum PI were at the top of that list.

I know George Peppard is dead - the point of my post is, if you need an A-Team fix, why not just watch the TV show?

My God, is Hollywood so lame and out of ideas that we have to suffer through remake after remake after rip-off? Where is the friggin' originality?

*YAWN*

who do *you* think would be best for each of the show's iconic characters

The money spent to make this film would be better served helping out Vietnam vets, who, according to a recent news article I viewed, are committing suicides at an alarming rate. This is also occurring with our men and women who served in the Middle East during the lastest debacle.

Oh, and Happy Easter.

I've read numerous times that Singleton has stated that Ice Cube will be playing Mr. T, quick search of the net and you can find interviews from both Cube and Singleton stating this. Personally I am fine with this, Cube and Singleton were gold with Boyz n The Hood and I think they would do the role justice, I'd be worried if it was someone like Mc G directing but Singleton is a fantastic director.

I've read numerous times that Singleton has stated that Ice Cube will be playing Mr. T, quick search of the net and you can find interviews from both Cube and Singleton stating this. Personally I am fine with this, Cube and Singleton were gold with Boyz n The Hood and I think they would do the role justice, I'd be worried if it was someone like Mc G directing but Singleton is a fantastic director.

I totally agree on both counts. I have no idea on the other castings though. Those guys were all pretty unique.

I know George Peppard is dead - the point of my post is, if you need an A-Team fix, why not just watch the TV show?

My God, is Hollywood so lame and out of ideas that we have to suffer through remake after remake after rip-off? Where is the friggin' originality?

*YAWN*

Cuz, they can make more money if they make a movie.