• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm stunned...

195 posts in this topic

Does anyone else think that the price of this is waaaaaaaaay overboard???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2197773540&category=17076

And it has 4 1/2 days left. 893whatthe.gif

Yeah, I think it's overboard but won't make a prediction on whether or not it'll sell. Just takes one insufficiently_thoughtful_person I suppose. I admit, I do not understand the mentality here with what some of these moderns are selling for. Whatcha' think Darth, will it sell?

(Darth knows all ........ ooo.gifooo.gifooo.gif)

Does anyone else think that the price of this is waaaaaaaaay overboard???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2197773540&category=17076

And it has 4 1/2 days left. 893whatthe.gif

I'd rather spent that kind of money on an old Silver-age Comic any day of the week.....and you can take that to the bank!! sumo.gifforeheadslap.gif..... blink.gif

With that much money you can buy a 9.2 181 WP with nice QP.

And have money left over to buy a few other 108-141 X books in 9.6.

The nurse on duty at the loony bin must be on lunch break, and the convicts have taken over her computer to bid on eBay. 893frustrated.gif

The nurse on duty at the loony bin must be on lunch break, and the convicts have taken over her computer to bid on eBay. 893frustrated.gif

Regardless of which are bidding it up, this is the kind of behavior that is going to do serious damage to the back issue market.

The real killer for me was when I noticed that the same seller has not one, not two... but 3 copies...of this book up for auction. And here I was starting to think that it was rare.

893whatthe.gif

I just can't believe it 893whatthe.gifflamed.gifforeheadslap.gif

There that old saying that,Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey would say in this situation...."there's a sucker born every minute"!! juggle.gifboo.gif

The designation of DEALER INCENTIVE is starting to worry me..... frown.gif

Yeah, that's the way it was in the Old Speculator Days, where dealers would continue to get these high-priced incentives, and the market exploded and lined their pockets bigtime.

And I think we all know how that turned out...

Speaking from have a "couple" of Signature series books, this is totally outragious. Jim Lee is not impossible to get an autograph from. These "incentive" books will kill the industry if they continue...OH MY STARS AND GARTERS, Joe is right... gossip.gif