• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm stunned...

195 posts in this topic

Naaah I have always had a death wish..Behaviour like this hopefully will only force a correction rather than a collapse. makepoint.gif

Here's to a correction... beer.gif

Naaah I have always had a death wish..Behaviour like this hopefully will only force a correction rather than a collapse. makepoint.gif

Let's get everyone else to quit comic collecting with our Doom & Gloom talk then you & I will be left to buy up all the goodies. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let's get everyone else to quit comic collecting with our Doom & Gloom talk then you & I will be left to buy up all the goodies. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I want in.... smirk.gif

Who ever the person is pushing this item is "NO COLLECTOR" but a foolish speculator.......

I tend to agree. The insufficiently_thoughtful_persons (insert PC substitue here) bidding this kind of money on a manufactured collectable are not collectors.

Those that know me....know how positive I am about everything comic related....I just thought that I would join the dark side for awhile. If it means that you and I get all the goodies then...........

Sell sell sell all you sheep...the day of judgement is nigh....repent your overselling and your ripping off of little old ladies the portents of the apocolypse are upon you...only one path is open for you to save your soul and that is to sell sell sell.

Extra brownie points (and the real potential of bypassing purgatory) are available to you by selling your books at less than 10 % of guide.

I'm on record as saying I think this book has legs. I don't see how a sale of this book in any way portends badly for the back issue market. That statement in and of itself, is an absolute joke. The sale of this book affects the back issue market absolutely zero.

The sale of this book affects the back issue market absolutely zero.

Of course, but if you're wrong, and these retailer incentives actually (gasp) decrease in value in the future, then it will have a serious backlash.

Convince me how it DOES. How does the sale of one (or four) overpriced CGC'd RRP variant Batman 608 in ANY way affect the sale of these books? (note the clever marketing SPAM there! grin.gif). I just don't see how the sale of the Bats 608 in anyway affects the sale of these books, or any other books for that matter. \

sign-rantpost.gif So, somebody gets burned. Big deal. And Joe_Collector got burned investing in Valiants (which, I'm sorry, is where I'm starting to go with this). Who cares? The vast majority of back issue comic book sales are books that people on this board ARE NOT BUYING - mid grade, non slabbed, ordinary comics, and that market doesn't give two rats [!@#%^&^] shakes about the Batman 608 RRP sale. sign-rantpost.gif