• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Knight Rules!!!!
1 1

599 posts in this topic

Hey Whisp, good to see another Moon Knight fan. I've been out of the new comic game for the part since about 1988. But the early 80's series is one of my all time favorites. I started getting them originally for the Sienkiewicz art, he was my favorite back then is now my number 2 after Carmine Infantino. I quickly realized that the character was cool, and the Dough Moench stories rocked. A lot of them had more heart than your average comic book of the time.

Anyway, it's been a pleasure to see your pics of those 80's issues. There are far worse heroes to love than MK.

(thumbs u

The first series of Moon Knight from the 80's is my favourite series too. The stories where straight forward with some decent art work. Moon Knight #5 is my all time favourite and was the book that drew me into the series. This book was by Bill Sienkiewicz and Doug Moench.

Let's see, MK #5 ... that'd be MK in a grave yard with some sort of orange ghost coming to get him? I don't remember the story, I'll have to reread it.

Numbers 24 and 25 are two of my all-time favorite comics covers. I met Sienkiewicz at a convention in the 80s and got all of my Moon Knights signed by him. As I recall he was a really cool guy, but that might have been the stars in my eyes.

Hey Whisp, good to see another Moon Knight fan. I've been out of the new comic game for the part since about 1988. But the early 80's series is one of my all time favorites. I started getting them originally for the Sienkiewicz art, he was my favorite back then is now my number 2 after Carmine Infantino. I quickly realized that the character was cool, and the Dough Moench stories rocked. A lot of them had more heart than your average comic book of the time.

Anyway, it's been a pleasure to see your pics of those 80's issues. There are far worse heroes to love than MK.

(thumbs u

The first series of Moon Knight from the 80's is my favourite series too. The stories where straight forward with some decent art work. Moon Knight #5 is my all time favourite and was the book that drew me into the series. This book was by Bill Sienkiewicz and Doug Moench.

Let's see, MK #5 ... that'd be MK in a grave yard with some sort of orange ghost coming to get him? I don't remember the story, I'll have to reread it.

Numbers 24 and 25 are two of my all-time favorite comics covers. I met Sienkiewicz at a convention in the 80s and got all of my Moon Knights signed by him. As I recall he was a really cool guy, but that might have been the stars in my eyes.

Yeah he is a graveyard and a skeleton wearing hunters gear and a gun pops up. This book was my first book I ever owned when I was a kid and it was because I was into monster and ghost books that I grabbed it. It ended up being a super hero though. lol

Anyways the plotline is this as copied from comicvine website:

"Moon Knight is on the trail of three criminals, led by a insane man called Redditch, who have just murdered an elderly woman at the Municipal Services Building. Moon Knight tracks them all to Redditch's old childhood home, which appears to be haunted."

I have two copies of #1. Neither is Pence version but for my collection for that age of books I don't care if I have a u.s., u.k. or canada version.

Of the two I do have they both have different price tags and are both 50 cent and don't know what the difference is suppose to specify.

77256.jpg.1b2a2522b9c15a4736d60c8a386b70c2.jpg

I was reading through some Spectacular Spideys this evening and came across an MK cameo. I don't recall seeing it on your checklist, so here's page 3 from PPTSS #72 (November '82).

PPTSS72.jpg

I was reading through some Spectacular Spideys this evening and came across an MK cameo. I don't recall seeing it on your checklist, so here's page 3 from PPTSS #72 (November '82).

PPTSS72.jpg

Nice find. I don't have that one and will add it to my want list now. Thanks

(thumbs u

My favourites of this bunch was the cover for PPTSS #72 and happy to get the Universe X #6. 47 and 48 where replacements and 51 was one I needed for the defenders. The wolverine was a replacement copy too.

Finished my House of M set since MK appeared in some of it and in the end I added these to be also included in the set. MK appears as Marc in #7 and for #8 it isn't an appearance per say but MK appears on a poster in a girl's room. Interesting about it is that it is the cover art for MK #1 so seems they where advertising MK a bit in this book since #1 wasn't even released for an other 5-6 months. Its almost like an Easter egg.

houseofm78.jpg

79615.jpg.6fa25491a3f2dbbe335ad8262d3f79db.jpg

Moon Knight series seems to be on hold for a bit to at least August and the only update we have is that there will be a free Moon Knight Saga book that will cover some stuff and brief us into what will be upcoming. I have read a few other boards and seen some interesting comments about that a new team will be working on it which is what I have been hoping for. This lastest story arc "Down South" was pretty good and it left us off with him saying he is going home which sounds to me he is going back to rip some faces off.

Also there is going to be a Moon Knight minimate coming which was shown in Marvel Previews for June/ordering for August.

Picked up a statue and a few books since on sale. One of the books is the PPTSS #72 .

statue.jpg

Cool statue whisp (thumbs u