• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What trade are you reading right now

1,271 posts in this topic

Okay, I was dead wrong on the Fray TPB.

I've read the 1st five issues and it is really a good read.

Picked up a ton of stuff today:

2 Sin City TPBs

V for Vendetta

Ronin

2 older Turtles TPBs (not sure what they reprint - from 1990 and appears to be from the 1st volume)

Sandman (covering issues #21 through 56 - doh!)

Got some reading to do!

Pat

I've still got 30+ trades to read.

I changed my focus last night and went into the Jonah Hex Showcase trade. Pretty good so far.

http://www.instocktrades.com/product.aspx?id=50g&pid=2763

Left on Mission. I've been going through the Boom trades the past couple weeks. They've put out some real solid stuff. Read Second Wave Vol 1 a few weeks ago and Jeremiah Harm a few weeks before that.

Second Wave is sort of Walking Dead-ish but with space aliens instead of zombies. Art isn't quite at that level, but still, good read.

Read God Save the Queen a few weeks ago, also a real fun read. Read Incognegro recently too. It started well but really faded at the end for me.

Love as a Foreign Language was a super light, manga-esque romance type thing from Oni. Fun enough, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it to this crowd.

Love Andi Watson, just flew through Glister Vols 1-3 and Princess at Midnight. Engage your cute!

just finished invincible HC collection #3. i just read the first 3 HC's- this book very much reminds me of savage dragon where a million things are going on at once.

just started fell vol 1- boy do i wish he had more time to write this book.

I almost started a thread asking which trade (if any) is in your bathroom right now?

This thread will do nicely though.

Let's just say, that there are a couple of books that I read in small increments daily. The Bone One Volume Edition and The Complete Calvin and Hobbes.

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes.

:banana: This book has a permanent spot on my nightstand and I read at least a couple strips a night.

Just got through a marathon readthrough of all the Fear Agent singles again. (yeah yeah, not a trade, but I read it like a bunch of trades!). This is really good scifi stuff. At first, I found the tone of the book kind of odd - silly jokes about alcoholism placed alongside a more serious approach to SciFi. The book has really taken off with the Dark Horse issues and I really look forward to the next issue!

Also just got through reading the first Fell trade with my wife. Surprisingly, she really enjoyed the book! It's a great crime book and it's such a pity that Ellis is moving so slowly on the serious. We need more!

-Bob

Complete Calvin & Hobbes is great! I also like to read Get Fuzzy and Dilbert, although Dilbert is really getting tired lately.

As far as traditional TPBs, I am reading Empowered vol 2 (hilarious!), and just finished the new Batman: Killing Joke (wonderful new coloring).

(thumbs u

Let's just say, that there are a couple of books that I read in small increments daily. The Bone One Volume Edition and The Complete Calvin and Hobbes.
Just finished Bone One Volume in the last few weeks. Passed it on to my 8 year old who is making her way through it. Currently reading a little of the Watchmen trade. Doesn't really count but I'm reading 1-23 of Astonishing Xmen which is like reading a trade.

Next: Need to pick up LOEG 2 & 3. Maybe Invincible 9 & up.

I just finished re-reading Astonishing X-Men, myself. I have to say I'm less impressed the second time 'round. Maybe the long gaps between issues, not to mention Cassady's wonderful art, made me less critical, but there are more loose ends left after each arc than hairs on Wolverine's arms. The whole Hellfire club sequence with the Evil Emma and the blob in the box and all that was great, but just as it was all being revealed, they get beamed up to go fight on Breakworld. And the Breakworld arc was like one big,"Huh?" How did they keep in touch, move around, fight against what is ostensibly a whole planet of gladiators and not get scooped up, let alone killed?

Anyway, a local shop had a big sale a couple weeks ago. 50% off certain hardcovers, or 75% off for subscribers. So guess who decided to become a subscriber? Me, yeah. Even though I rarely have reason to go to that shop, who can resist $12.50 DC archives? Or a HC X-Men Deadly Genesis (have to see what Superhero Brubaker is like) for $6? So I'm rotating between that and Flash Archives 3 and 4, and I just got in a hardcover Top 10 volume 1 to go with my volume 2 (thanks again, Pirate). That series has to be the best series no one's ever read. I'd like to see an annotated version if there isn't one, pointing out all the background characters. I'm sure there are quite a few I didn't recognize, and there are literally hundreds I did.

just finished the 2nd Iron Man trade.

Might go look for something Legion related while I wait on the next Walking Dead.

Ended up getting the Planet Hulk HC trade.

Pretty cool so far. Not much of a Hulk fan but it's a fun story.

Awesome Jordan. I'm not a Hulk fan either. It's a story that's fun for non-fans & fans alike.

I didn't realize that Incognegro was out already. Thought it would be better than the review. How much?

Pat

I think it was down to 30$

The shop I was visiting was having a bit of a sale and they had both the HC and the soft back and the softback wasn't marked down. Don't know if they did this deliberately or if somebody just forgot to sticker it properly.

So since they were both 30$ i went with the HC.

Just read: Mouse Guard Fall 1152 (good read), Flaming Carrot Comics Vol. 6 and Justice 1.

Currently reading: Marvel Masterworks X-Men 1 (reprints GS 1, X-Men 94-100), Justice book 2.

Plan to read: Marvel Masterworks X-Men 2 (reprints X-Men 100-110), the rest of Justice via single issues and Pride of Bagdad.

Picked up Noble Causes Archives Vol 1. It's a showcase presents type phonebook from Image (over 500 pages). I'm really enjoying it as it has a dynamo 5/invincible feel to it and it's super cheap $19.99 cover.

Vol 2 is coming out shortly.