• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What trade are you reading right now

1,271 posts in this topic

Right now I'm reading Fall of Cthulhu: The Fugue

Great read! Collects issues# 0-5

Great horror book with a lot of Lost-esque plot lines, such as different factions competing against each other with you not really knowing what's going on all the time.

Just started reading Crisis on Infinite Earths.....never read it before.

That's right.

Probably wouldn't be reading it now except it was half off at Half Priced Books (go figure!)

Good luck with that. I know it's considered a classic but I was never able to fully understand what's going on half the time. On the plus side, George Perez was a great artist at his absolute peak with that series so it is simply beautiful to look at.

Teen titans "Judas Contract". Sold my issues a few years ago and decided to buy the TP and re-read it. Almost forget the story, I just remeber that I liked it back in the day.

I just finished Superman Birthright and would give it a B+. Can you give a prodigal son a tip on other Superman trades to read.

Surprised no one else has stepped up to the plate, but here's a few recommendations:

Kingdom Come

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

Red Son

For All Seasons

I really like Superman: Secret Identity myself.

I liked this enough that a page from it became my first OA. Immonen did a great job with the book.

I think I remember you posting it on the boards. That's the page with the train, right? If so, I'm still jealous and you posted that a couple of years ago!! (worship)

Just tore through the entire run of Fables. Holy cow is that a good read! The wife loves it too :cloud9:

-Bob

Yeah, that's a great read. I've got all the trades and am eagerly anticipating the release of the 10th one. Think it's supposedly coming out late next month.

I really like Superman: Secret Identity myself.

I liked this enough that a page from it became my first OA. Immonen did a great job with the book.

I think I remember you posting it on the boards. That's the page with the train, right? If so, I'm still jealous and you posted that a couple of years ago!! (worship)

Yep, Superman in the foreground, mountain in the backgroud, train on the side of it, falling off, good stuff. =) I wanted to try and grab the subsequent save-the-train pages but acted too late. I'm not even that big of a Superman fan but I loved the hell out of that series. I still dig most everything Immonen does, but its too bad he hasn't really cranked anything out in that style since then.