• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What trade are you reading right now

1,271 posts in this topic

Just finished the run of DMZ from 1 through 32 this afternoon. I particularly enjoy the visual look of the series with its dillapidated city-scapes. In many ways in this series, Wood does "political" as Vaughan does in Ex-Machina; I do find that Wood is better at weaving the political subtext into the stories than Vaughan is (as much as I like Vaughan's witty writing). I did not particularly enjoy the one-shot issues concentrating on cast characters' backgrounds. Sure, the material is interesting and does provide a glimpse at the level of the complexity of Wood's work on this particular series ... but the 6-issue stretch was too long. The stories could have been limited to a half-issue each, not a full issue. Still, I am now caught up with the series and can't wait to get the next issue (thumbs u

Wood is the writer everyone should be reading. Love DMZ. Can't wait to see how the Delgado storyline pans out.

Anyone read Local #12? Not what I was hoping for. But frankly, I'm not sure how it could have ended and been amazing. Overall, I highly recommend the series. There is a hardcover book coming out with all 12 issues.

Pat

Wood is the writer everyone should be reading. Love DMZ. Can't wait to see how the Delgado storyline pans out.

Anyone read Local #12? Not what I was hoping for. But frankly, I'm not sure how it could have ended and been amazing. Overall, I highly recommend the series. There is a hardcover book coming out with all 12 issues.

Pat

Thanks for the echo Pat. I checked DMZ's sale level this afternoon and was shocked at how low it is (I know I know ... it's Vertigo, sales level don't matter as much b/c of the TPB sales :blahblah:) as well as those on Scalped. I hope the series' numbers are stable and that it is allowed to run a while.

I also buy Northlanders. It's more of a stretch to appreciate. Until issue # 4, I was wondering if I would stick with it. Visually, the book is doing a good job at representing the sparseness of some of the Scandinavian / North Sea islands ... but it might actually be over-the-top (and I fear a mis-representation). The empty spaces / vistas in a way drag the story down and detract from my enjoyment of the book. If the storyline becomes weaker I feel the whole structure would fall apart. I'll give the title a little longer and will commit to the second storyline before potentially pulling the plug.

Next on the block: Scalped. I read the first few issues online and enjoyed them. I won a full run on eBay last night and can't wait to sit down and read 1 through 17. :D

Pat

Thanks for the echo Pat. I checked DMZ's sale level this afternoon and was shocked at how low it is (I know I know ... it's Vertigo, sales level don't matter as much b/c of the TPB sales :blahblah:) as well as those on Scalped. I hope the series' numbers are stable and that it is allowed to run a while.

I also buy Northlanders. It's more of a stretch to appreciate. Until issue # 4, I was wondering if I would stick with it. Visually, the book is doing a good job at representing the sparseness of some of the Scandinavian / North Sea islands ... but it might actually be over-the-top (and I fear a mis-representation). The empty spaces / vistas in a way drag the story down and detract from my enjoyment of the book. If the storyline becomes weaker I feel the whole structure would fall apart. I'll give the title a little longer and will commit to the second storyline before potentially pulling the plug.

Next on the block: Scalped. I read the first few issues online and enjoyed them. I won a full run on eBay last night and can't wait to sit down and read 1 through 17. :D

just read the first two scalped trades. one of the best books out there IMHO.

I picked up the complete transformers vol 2 from IDW. Reprints the marvel series #17-26. Also picked up a beater watchman trade at half price for $5.

Also got in my Judge Dredd complete case files vol 8, so have completed 1-9 with 10 soon to come out. One of the best titles if not my favorite of all time.

:/ Yesterday I acquired the final trade paperback for the "Robin" series (Robin: The Big Leagues, DC 2008 #163-167) to complete my collection so that I can finally start collecting the on-going series and catch up to "Batman R.I.P.".

Its been a great read so far! (thumbs u

Pat

Scalped, IMO, is one of the best books on the market. Read #18 this weekend and it blew me away. I'm talking award-winning style. If this book goes away, I'm going to be really bummed.

I love Northlanders. I think the key is that the story needs to progress. But I have a feeling it will in the next issue or two.

Pat

I picked up the complete transformers vol 2 from IDW. Reprints the marvel series #17-26. Also picked up a beater watchman trade at half price for $5.

you been shopping at hamburg half price again :) ?

just did my first order from In Stock Trades.

DMZ Vol 1

Ex Machina Vol 1

Legion of Super Heroes Vol 3

Invincible Vol 1

Anybody know how long it takes them to fill and ship an order?

going on vaca at the end of next week and ordered these to have some reading material.

just did my first order from In Stock Trades.

DMZ Vol 1

Ex Machina Vol 1

Legion of Super Heroes Vol 3

Invincible Vol 1

Anybody know how long it takes them to fill and ship an order?

going on vaca at the end of next week and ordered these to have some reading material.

I think they take around a week, so you're probably safe.

onto hellboy vol 3 and then BPRD vol 1. (LCS guy said it was safe to start bprd after vol 3 of hellboy, we will see)