• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Joe Palooka fans?

35 posts in this topic

I have never seen anyone post any Joe Palooka books here... I guess they just aren't very popular? Anyone want to share your copies? Post them to the thread!

Some great looking books posted so far. I would consider myself a Joe Palooka fan. Here are some of my copies.

JoePalookacollection.jpg

(worship)

Looks familiar. Did I forget my leather portfolio in your trunk? Clumsy me.

Jack

lol You have now made me laugh twice with, ostensibly, the same joke.

Not even ostensibly! It's the only joke I know. How long will it take you to forget it?

Jack

Jack

Not even ostensibly! It's the only joke I know. How long will it take you to forget it?

Jack

A lifetime.

Jack

Jack

A lifetime.

Foiled again, unless you'll laugh at it a third time.

Jack

I have never seen anyone post any Joe Palooka books here... I guess they just aren't very popular? Anyone want to share your copies? Post them to the thread!

Some great looking books posted so far. I would consider myself a Joe Palooka fan. Here are some of my copies.

JoePalookacollection.jpg

My compass may be off, but I know a cool batch of comics when I see one.

Very Nice! (thumbs u

JoePalookacollection.jpg

That'll get you through the door of any Palooka Fan Club Meeting! :applause:

I have a couple of PALOOKA original artwork covers in my CAF Galleries, along with a LITTLE MAX (see link below). They were reasonably priced items to collect.

Here's one of them:

Nice cover. :applause: I agree that they are very reasonable in price. Here are my two original art covers.

JoePalooka112originalart.jpg

JoePalooka91originalart.jpg

I have a couple of PALOOKA original artwork covers in my CAF Galleries, along with a LITTLE MAX (see link below). They were reasonably priced items to collect.

Here's one of them:

Nice cover. :applause: I agree that they are very reasonable in price. Here are my two original art covers.

JoePalooka112originalart.jpg

JoePalooka91originalart.jpg

Both very nice . . . any other Harvey covers?

I have a handful of the Blondie, Dagwood covers as well as two of the 1950s acrylic Tracy covers. (thumbs u

Forgot about this one. My last Joe Palooka cover purchase. Not the best quality.

JoePalooka62OriginalArt.jpg

cool none the less

I was just doing some searches on GPA and noticed that a NM "Joe Palooka Visits the Lost City" sold for nearly $6,300 last year. Does anyone know why this one-shot sold for that much? Is it the"grail" Joe Palooka book? Seemed out of whack compared with the prices realized for Joe Palooka first issues (albeit they were in somewhat lower grade).

I was just doing some searches on GPA and noticed that a NM "Joe Palooka Visits the Lost City" sold for nearly $6,300 last year. Does anyone know why this one-shot sold for that much? Is it the"grail" Joe Palooka book? Seemed out of whack compared with the prices realized for Joe Palooka first issues (albeit they were in somewhat lower grade).

That's more than double Guide value ($2600 in NM), but it's a 164 page issue featuring what Overstreet calls the longest single continuous story of the era (159 pages). It also includes photos and a bio of Ham Fisher. It's probably not a very common book, and because its large size, likely hard to get in HG. It is easily the most expensive issue of the series.