• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should price be differentiated between FF #25 and FF#26 ?

30 posts in this topic

My favourite moment of a Con I attended here in Toronto on Saturday was when I was rifling through some books at an Overstreet Advisors booth. The Advisor was giving advice to a man who was looking for "Investment Advice" as he hadn't picked up a book in 15 years. One of the 1st pieces of advice he offered was to buy FF#25! His reasoning was that it was undervalued when compared to #26 which Overstreet lists both prices the same. He argued that FF#25 had a better cover, the 2nd SA apperance of Cap and tougher to find in grade and that he had written to Overstreet many times about the issue to no avail. Putting the "investment advice" aside, to you think his point is valid?

Jim

Funny I was just going through some FF and realized I had a spare mid grade FF25...thought about selling it, and then decided it was too undervalued for how cool that purple cover looked.....

I think he was nuts on in his assessment

There are many FF's that deserve breakout status that don't currently have it.25 does seem to go higher in grade than 26,but a true bone white covered 26 does hold it's own.FF 8,16,18,35,39,AND 40 come to mind as others that deserve individual listings in OPG.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There are many FF's that deserve breakout status that don't currently have it.25 does seem to go higher in grade than 26,but a true bone white covered 26 does hold it's own.FF 8,16,18,35,39,AND 40 come to mind as others that deserve individual listings in OPG.GOD BLESS...

I agree with most of those, especially the 16 and 18. Great covers, tough to find in grade. But 35? Really? The easiest to find in high grade book pre #40, average cover and Dragon Man. I don't know, pretty weak book in comparison to some of the other 30-40 range books.

(tsk) I think you guys need to quit discussing this before you put bad luck on me and drive the frickin' prices up!!!! :whatthe: I am currently looking for 8.0 copies of 25 & 26 :makepoint:

I agree with most of those, especially the 16 and 18. Great covers, tough to find in grade. But 35? Really? The easiest to find in high grade book pre #40, average cover and Dragon Man. I don't know, pretty weak book in comparison to some of the other 30-40 range books.

I may have jumped the gun on 35.It does have Reed and Sue's engagement,Johnny visiting his future college,a couple of cameos,plus I like it.GOD BLESS...

You better buy all of them then...as all this talk will drive up the price.

Too late.

I bought a #25 9.4 W for $3,750 two years ago. And half a year ago I sold it for $5,900.

Think that says it all. (thumbs u

I was hoping to get a SA Hulk appearances run together (not incl 1-6), and this would of been a big part of it, but ASM#14 would of eluded me in grade (e.g. my wallet would of choked, keeled over and died at the prospect of getting that book!).