• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality Comix vs. Greg Jortner - Important Information For The Community

324 posts in this topic

:bump:

There is a reason some of us go out of our way to post information concerning sellers/buyers people should avoid. When such detailed information is provided by multiple persons one would think the message would be heard. Sadly, that continues not to be the case with Jortner.

Let me be perfectly clear to EVERYONE who ever reads this thread. :gossip:

Greg Jortner should not be trusted. Anyone who decides to do business with Mr. Jortner after reading this thread or hearing information on his MANY past transgressions is either (1) an insufficiently_thoughtful_person;

(2) overwhelmed by pure greed; or (3) a combination of both.

I strongly recommend you AVOID Mr. Jortner. Continuing to do business with him merely enables him to cause harm and grief to others. In essence, you will be facilitating further fraudulent and destructive behavior within our community.

Don't. :makepoint:(tsk)

In fact, because of Mr. Zaid's interactions and dealings with Mr. Jortner, I feel that Mr. Zaid should be avoided as well. Who knows what Mr. Zaid has been infected with? As far as I am concerned, Mr. Zaid has been tainted. Mr. Zaid may be a very nice guy, but he is far too risky to be around.

S

Yea, I want to see you follow through on that threat next time I offer you money for a book. :baiting:lol

I suspect from Mark's comments and tone that the culprit is aware of the history, but did it anyway. (shrug)
In that case, "Burn the witch!"

Seriously though. It's a scumbag move but I'm still not sure an "outing" needs to happen. We can't police everything in the hobby.

I suspect from Mark's comments and tone that the culprit is aware of the history, but did it anyway. (shrug)

That would be correct yet again.

I am not going to identify the person. It would be inappropriate under the circumstances as to how the information came to me. If the person wants to reveal the details of the transaction that went sour they can certainly do so. It would be a helpful educational lesson for everyone.

I have offered to help to the extent I can.

Was it Jortner or Silver Age Comics or are they one in the same?

Just Jortner.

These are two separate entities but Silver Age Comics allows Jortner to sell books in their name through e-bay.

I have spoken to Gus, the owner of Silver Age Comics, several times. He is well aware of the issues.

Just Jortner.

These are two separate entities but Silver Age Comics allows Jortner to sell books in their name through e-bay.

I have spoken to Gus, the owner of Silver Age Comics, several times. He is well aware of the issues.

Wouldn't that make Silver Age Comics as much a scumbag as Jortner since Gus is aware of the issues yet continued to sell his comics?

Jim

Just Jortner.

Wouldn't that make Silver Age Comics as much a scumbag as Jortner since Gus is aware of the issues yet continued to sell his comics?

Jim

yes.

Just Jortner.

Mark,

Please clarify where SilverAge currently stands in general as it relates to Jortner.

I have been boycotting his auctions (and there have been items I wanted to bid on) since your initial post on the matter months ago. Incidently, I have noticed more than a few of his CGC bronze items sell for less than I expected, or in some cases what I would have bid... so you are making a difference in my view. I assume others have avoided him as well.

Just Jortner.

Mark,

Please clarify where SilverAge currently stands in general as it relates to Jortner.

I have been boycotting his auctions (and there have been items I wanted to bid on) since your initial post on the matter months ago. Incidently, I have noticed more than a few of his CGC bronze items sell for less than I expected, or in some cases what I would have bid... so you are making a difference in my view. I assume others have avoided him as well.

Ditto.

He's had a few books on my want lists and many times has shown up in my daily searches. He had a few tough Actions I really want, but I moved on without giving it a second thought.

:bump:

There is a reason some of us go out of our way to post information concerning sellers/buyers people should avoid. When such detailed information is provided by multiple persons one would think the message would be heard. Sadly, that continues not to be the case with Jortner.

Let me be perfectly clear to EVERYONE who ever reads this thread. :gossip:

Greg Jortner should not be trusted. Anyone who decides to do business with Mr. Jortner after reading this thread or hearing information on his MANY past transgressions is either (1) an insufficiently_thoughtful_person;

(2) overwhelmed by pure greed; or (3) a combination of both.

I strongly recommend you AVOID Mr. Jortner. Continuing to do business with him merely enables him to cause harm and grief to others. In essence, you will be facilitating further fraudulent and destructive behavior within our community.

Don't. :makepoint:(tsk)

In fact, because of Mr. Zaid's interactions and dealings with Mr. Jortner, I feel that Mr. Zaid should be avoided as well. Who knows what Mr. Zaid has been infected with? As far as I am concerned, Mr. Zaid has been tainted. Mr. Zaid may be a very nice guy, but he is far too risky to be around.

S

Nah, just wear this

062f5640-4a7f-4ee9-b604-2bee68c46b7f.jpg

I bow to your superiour tonal sensitivity. Hoist a pint of the black for me