• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality Comix vs. Greg Jortner - Important Information For The Community

324 posts in this topic

Thats Fantastic.

Congrats to You on getting what you were owed.

Thanks also must go to Mark Zaid for his continued support to forum members when I have no doubt he could be billing some serious dollars elsewhere.

Well done. Great outcome.

Russ...

Jortner update:

I've been trying to get my money owed to me from Jortner since August 2007. You would not believe the number of lies that I was told along the way. Typical lies included "check is in the mail" or "I got this great silver age collection for you.". So I was shocked last week, when he called me and subsequently deposited slightly MORE than he owed me into my bank account after 11 months of dodging and evading.

Methinks that my good friend Mark Zaid deserves more than a little bit of recognition for the hard work in tracking down Jortner's multiple victims and getting everything organized for a possible court date. (worship)(worship)(worship)

I can think of no other reason why Jortner would finally make good on payment.

:applause:

Jortner update:

I've been trying to get my money owed to me from Jortner since August 2007. You would not believe the number of lies that I was told along the way. Typical lies included "check is in the mail" or "I got this great silver age collection for you.". So I was shocked last week, when he called me and subsequently deposited slightly MORE than he owed me into my bank account after 11 months of dodging and evading.

Methinks that my good friend Mark Zaid deserves more than a little bit of recognition for the hard work in tracking down Jortner's multiple victims and getting everything organized for a possible court date. (worship)(worship)(worship)

Congrats Brent!

Let's hope he somehow got the money by legitimate means and isn't still robbing Paul to pay Peter. Seems like he got in over his head at one point and had a deal that didn't recoup his money owed, then continued to scam others playing a sad game of catch up, that never really caught up.

Hope all the others get theirs soon too and great job Mark for helping and bringing this to light!

Jortner update:

Has the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag paid in full or is there still money out there that he owes you?

CC

Jortner update:

elephant.gifelephant.gifelephant.gifelephant.gifelephant.gifelephant.gifelephant.gifelephant.gif

...and getting everything organized for a possible court date. (worship)(worship)(worship)

Funny how that works....isn't it??

Outstanding news! :applause: I'm glad you were able to recover your money without having to drag it through court. I had to go through a lawsuit five years ago and while I wasn't at all worried about the outcome, legal battles do get very expensive and time consuming.

In the end, the insufficiently_thoughtful_person I was up against didn't expect a fight - a big mistake on his part as anyone who knows me will attest that I do not back down from any fight. All in all, it cost this insufficiently_thoughtful_person well over $25,000.00. :roflmao:

Anyhow, I am glad you were able to get your money without having to spend copious amounts of time and money waging your fight in court. Congrats!

Mark Zaid

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

Who's Mark Zaid? (shrug)

:kidaround:

Great news Brent! :applause:

You'll see if you're still so happy about Mark's help after you receive his bill for his 40% contingency fee. :jokealert: