• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality Comix vs. Greg Jortner - Important Information For The Community

324 posts in this topic

In fact, because of Mr. Zaid's interactions and dealings with Mr. Jortner, I feel that Mr. Zaid should be avoided as well. Who knows what Mr. Zaid has been infected with? As far as I am concerned, Mr. Zaid has been tainted. Mr. Zaid may be a very nice guy, but he is far too risky to be around.

S

I do not get where this is coming from.

In fact, because of Mr. Zaid's interactions and dealings with Mr. Jortner, I feel that Mr. Zaid should be avoided as well. Who knows what Mr. Zaid has been infected with? As far as I am concerned, Mr. Zaid has been tainted. Mr. Zaid may be a very nice guy, but he is far too risky to be around.

S

I believe it was sarcasm. Hard to tell around these parts somtimes though.

And btw Zaid, where did you sit at the Mets game? I could have sworn I saw you behind home plate while watching sportscenter this morning.

I suspect from Mark's comments and tone that the culprit is aware of the history, but did it anyway. (shrug)

I bow to your superiour tonal sensitivity. Hoist a pint of the black for me

Sorry for being such a smart-arse. :insane:

I'll go one better...when we finally get together at a show, I'll buy you a pint of the black. (thumbs u

I've avoided him as well, but I'm not SO sure that Greg will be that easy to identify, he seems to give different addresses depending on what he thinks is convienent, when he called me, he supposedly lived just outside of Rye, NY (and hinted he was in Conneticut) I know Gus is from Queens, but there were several people who were contacted in Georgia, and told he was from there?

Anyone that sneaky, MUST have thought of using other names. Unfortunately, every time I see the words "Silver" in an Ebay ID, I've been avoiding them, JUST in case, and I know they are not all bad.

:bump:

There is a reason some of us go out of our way to post information concerning sellers/buyers people should avoid. When such detailed information is provided by multiple persons one would think the message would be heard. Sadly, that continues not to be the case with Jortner.

Let me be perfectly clear to EVERYONE who ever reads this thread. :gossip:

Greg Jortner should not be trusted. Anyone who decides to do business with Mr. Jortner after reading this thread or hearing information on his MANY past transgressions is either (1) an insufficiently_thoughtful_person;

(2) overwhelmed by pure greed; or (3) a combination of both.

I strongly recommend you AVOID Mr. Jortner. Continuing to do business with him merely enables him to cause harm and grief to others. In essence, you will be facilitating further fraudulent and destructive behavior within our community.

Don't. :makepoint:(tsk)

I'm assuming that one of our number has gone and made a deal with the devil, Mark? (shrug)

That would be a fair interpretation of my rantrantdoh!:cry:

who? :o

George! :hi:

How the hell are you, mate? (shrug)

As well as any Lehman employee could be.

May have to sell a DC key or two.

George that sucks. :(:wishluck:

Thanks.

I've always avoided leverage so should be OK

:wishluck: George...I hope it works out for you...I just got off the phone with a dear friend, who owns NO stock, but apparently his pension plan was invested in AIG...

So, good luck to anyone involved, I'm sure there are people involved we don't know about.

Thanks.

Look forward to seeing you in Chicago next year

George: Let me know if you have to go on the dole. I'll swing your NOD dues for you. :whistle: Funny how far these "paper" losses have come since our conversation in Chicago.

There is a reason some of us go out of our way to post information concerning sellers/buyers people should avoid. When such detailed information is provided by multiple persons one would think the message would be heard. Sadly, that continues not to be the case with Jortner.

Greg Jortner should not be trusted. Anyone who decides to do business with Mr. Jortner after reading this thread or hearing information on his MANY past transgressions is either (1) an insufficiently_thoughtful_person;

I strongly recommend you AVOID Mr. Jortner. Continuing to do business with him merely enables him to cause harm and grief to others. In essence, you will be facilitating further fraudulent and destructive behavior within our community.

I'm assuming that one of our number has gone and made a deal with the devil, Mark? (shrug)

Bat 1? :shy:

Was it Jortner or Silver Age Comics or are they one in the same?

Just Jortner.

These are two separate entities but Silver Age Comics allows Jortner to sell books in their name through e-bay.

I have spoken to Gus, the owner of Silver Age Comics, several times. He is well aware of the issues.

Mark,

Please clarify where SilverAge currently stands in general as it relates to Jortner.

I have been boycotting his auctions (and there have been items I wanted to bid on) since your initial post on the matter months ago. Incidently, I have noticed more than a few of his CGC bronze items sell for less than I expected, or in some cases what I would have bid... so you are making a difference in my view. I assume others have avoided him as well.

As far as I am aware (and I did speak with Gus at his SD booth about 6 weeks ago), Jortner continues to sell books for him on ebay. I believe that relationship remains current.

S

You just haven't been on the boards long enough to understand's Steve's humor. :gossip:

Getting a post like this from Steve is akin to his saying he loves me but he just can't spout the words. :luhv:

:hi:

S

I believe it was sarcasm. Hard to tell around these parts somtimes though.

And btw Zaid, where did you sit at the Mets game? I could have sworn I saw you behind home plate while watching sportscenter this morning.

1st Base side, 10 rows from the field. I was on the jumbo-tron scoreboard (or whatever we call it here) during the game so it is possible I was on tv. :banana:

You should know better :baiting:

Sold my Bat #1 a couple of Heritage auctions ago.

May sell my AA#16 CGC universal blue hm

Brother just rang me and offered me a job and cash if needed.

You should know better :baiting:

Sold my Bat #1 a couple of Heritage auctions ago.

May sell my AA#16 CGC universal blue hm

Brother just rang me and offered me a job and cash if needed.

Oh, that's right. The sibs are much better off than you. :baiting:

:hi:

Mr. Jortner continues to defraud comic book collectors and dealers alike. Additional people have retained me to pursue him. I have been in contact with him on a fairly regular basis, and for a while he seemed to actually be trying to cooperate and resolve disputes amicably.

Alas, his penchant for broken promises ultimately emerged once again. He simply cannot be trusted. As a result, he will soon find himself facing litigation.

Additionally, AVOID AT ALL COSTS Alfredo ("Al") Vasquez of Brooklyn, NY. He was working with Jortner for a short period of time and I have been retained to file a lawsuit against him as well by two dealers. :gossip: