• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Was KrazyKat the high bidder in Gus' Action 1 auction?

89 posts in this topic

Here is the bid history of the Action 1 auction showing the high bidder as o***e(6)

action1bidders.jpg

If you click on the bid history of o***e(6) this is what you see.

o-e-bidhistory.jpg

The yellow highlighted line is the Action 1 auction in which he bid 9 times. I was looking at this screen this morning and hit the refresh key and the blue highlighted line showed up. So I realized that he just bid in an original art auction that ended in 8 hours. The red highlighted line indicated that he had won a previous auction from the same seller. So I looked in the Original Art auctions and found the one he had just bid on,

o-e-currentauction.jpg

A quick check of the sellers completed auctions provided this.

twilightboycat.jpg

This appears to be the prior auction that the Action 1 high bidder won from this seller twilightboycat. Here is the auction,

scourge456auction.jpg

A click on the bidder's profile provided this,

scourgeprofile.jpg

Here is a familiar-sounding thread he started on the eBay Boards

eBaydiscussion.jpg

and further on down in the discussion

eBaydiscussion2.jpg

In addition, scourge456789 was a CGC board member who was banned for being a shill on 02/03/06.

This is all speculative, but if Krazy was the high bidder in the Action 1 auction, you gotta admire his style. :applause:

KrazyKat and Bluechip -- a marriage made in heaven. :kidaround:

I was commenting to a friend this weekend that almost nothing gets by the collective knowledge and investigate abilities of the Forum. Great job, Flee. (thumbs u

I was commenting to a friend this weekend that almost nothing gets by the collective knowledge and investigate abilities of the Forum. Great job, Flee. (thumbs u

Here is the bid history of the auction that scourge456 won. The underbidder looks familiar. hm

auctionbidders.jpg

I hate to be dense, but who's user id are you thinking that might correspond to?

I hate to be dense, but who's user id are you thinking that might correspond to?
As Crowzilla says above, it appears to be bc-colex who recently changed names from rufus-firefly, the cosignor of the Action 1 comic.

This is a screen print of how his name appears in his cancelled bid description in the Action 1 auction.

bc-colex1.jpg

I have no idea who "Krazy Kat" even is, except that I've seen him referred to in this board as a guy who pushes original art.

I also have no idea who those high bidders on the Action 1 were, except that I was told they were serious buyers.

I was also told one or more buyers were ready to hit the reserve and got frozen out when they tried to bid at the last minute and found they weren't pre-approved. The same was confirmed to me in personal conversations with buyers afterward.

As for us being the underbidder on that production art piece, yes we were. We also were the high bidder on a few other pieces from the same seller, and of course we're hoping he's legit and hope we see them arrive in the mail.

Now, if the high bidder on the piece we lost turns out to be someone who also bid on the pieces we won and never meant to buy any of them, that would be another story. And

I have no idea who "Krazy Kat" even is, except that I've seen him referred to in this board as a guy who pushes original art.

meh

Sure you know - he's the high bidder on your Action 1.

(sorry, on your "not mine anymore" Action 1, which you shill-bid on, at a price level where you'd be happy to buy it back, but below the guarantee you were promised for it, which hasn't had anything done to it to improve the appearance, except of course adding in a centerfold which apparently takes away from the appearance and the other maybe stuff that's been done).

I also have no idea who those high bidders on the Action 1 were, except that I was told they were serious buyers.

I was also told one or more buyers were ready to hit the reserve and got frozen out when they tried to bid at the last minute and found they weren't pre-approved. The same was confirmed to me in personal conversations with buyers afterward.

As for us being the underbidder on that production art piece, yes we were. We also were the high bidder on a few other pieces from the same seller, and of course we're hoping he's legit and hope we see them arrive in the mail.

Now, if the high bidder on the piece we lost turns out to be someone who also bid on the pieces we won and never meant to buy any of them, that would be another story. And

Who is "we", Sybil?

How is it ya'll have not been banned yet?