• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Was KrazyKat the high bidder in Gus' Action 1 auction?

89 posts in this topic

But when you know that your bid won't take the book, why bid at all? You can't win it for less than the reserve and you don't sell it for less either. At one point you said that you implied that Gus owned the book.

BTW, remember these bids were also withdrawn, despite the fact they were well below the current bids at the time. We had asked Greg about doing that days earlier, and he pointed out, accurately I am sure, that it wouldn't look good (and, he said, it didn't matter because they were so much higher by then). But we withdrew them anyway, which we knew would be reflected on the bid page and couldn't possibly help nudge anyone higher than they were willing to go.

The bids were withdrawn because Bluechip and Gus were caught in the act of shilling by this forum. I'm sure Bluechip would like to portray his side of the events as somewhat innocent and accidental, but it's obvious to me that there was a lot of planning involved.

Earlier (before the Action auctions) Bluechip had placed a Detective # 35 which didn't get any offers approaching his target above $5,000. This is eBay item # 220209000118. After that Bluechip relisted with Gus and made an agreement to shill up to a price target above $5,000. Check out eBay item # 260220246512. This was shilled up to the doorstep of the price target but didn't catch anyone breaking the reserve. (Sound familiar?)

BUT in another eBay auction, item # 350036484713, the shilling did ensnare a buyer for his Detective # 29. So how come Bluechip didn't withdraw his bids here? Because this forum didn't catch him at the time. The Detective auctions were obviously a dry run of the same collusion used later on the Action's, proving there was planning and premeditation involved.

I'm glad you brought this up because I was cleaning out the history section on my EBay account and I noticed this as well. Bluechip you are a lying scum bag with no shame and I don't know how you can continue to post on these boards with your BS logic.

I mentioned this before but didn't Silver Age Gus list then sell the a Bethlehem Sub-Mariner Comics #42 PGX 9.0 in a no reserve auction last month? I could have sworn that it sold for around $2,400 but that book was previously listed for years with MJcats Comics on EBay? And now it has resurfaced again under MjCats ID:

Link

What is the connection if any? Does anyone have GPA and can they confirm if this sale was recently recorded?

But when you know that your bid won't take the book, why bid at all? You can't win it for less than the reserve and you don't sell it for less either. At one point you said that you implied that Gus owned the book.

BTW, remember these bids were also withdrawn, despite the fact they were well below the current bids at the time. We had asked Greg about doing that days earlier, and he pointed out, accurately I am sure, that it wouldn't look good (and, he said, it didn't matter because they were so much higher by then). But we withdrew them anyway, which we knew would be reflected on the bid page and couldn't possibly help nudge anyone higher than they were willing to go.

The bids were withdrawn because Bluechip and Gus were caught in the act of shilling by this forum. I'm sure Bluechip would like to portray his side of the events as somewhat innocent and accidental, but it's obvious to me that there was a lot of planning involved.

Earlier (before the Action auctions) Bluechip had placed a Detective # 35 which didn't get any offers approaching his target above $5,000. This is eBay item # 220209000118. After that Bluechip relisted with Gus and made an agreement to shill up to a price target above $5,000. Check out eBay item # 260220246512. This was shilled up to the doorstep of the price target but didn't catch anyone breaking the reserve. (Sound familiar?)

BUT in another eBay auction, item # 350036484713, the shilling did ensnare a buyer for his Detective # 29. So how come Bluechip didn't withdraw his bids here? Because this forum didn't catch him at the time. The Detective auctions were obviously a dry run of the same collusion used later on the Action's, proving there was planning and premeditation involved.

I'm glad you brought this up because I was cleaning out the history section on my EBay account and I noticed this as well. Bluechip you are a lying scum bag with no shame and I don't know how you can continue to post on these boards with you BS logic.

I mentioned this before but didn't Silver Age Gus list then sell the a Bethlehem Sub-Mariner Comics #42 PGX 9.0 in a no reserve auction last month? I could have sworn that it sold for around $2,400 but that book was previously listed for years with MJcats Comics on EBay? And now it has resurfaced again under MjCats ID:

Link

What is the connection if any? Does anyone have GPA and can they confirm if this sale was recently recorded?

I don't think GPA records PGX sales, but I do recall it... Silver age and their consignors are some serious shill bidding manipulating folks... glad I stopped bidding on their auctions

delete

Wouldn't that be cool if Stan the Man was actually posting here? Man, I would have a ton of questions, and would sit for hours listing to his stories of years past, and artists like Everett, Schomburg, Kirby and Simon....Ditko...that would be incredible.

Paul

Detective 29 was not mine. My patner put bids on it because we were interested in it. Detective 35 was ours and we turned away decent offers because we were told there were offers that were higher. Action 1 bought from the dentist was sold years ago as a restored book through dealer you all know. It is not the same book as this, which I thought everybody knew. We like action 1 and had one of the best copies out there once but it was stolen from us while a board member was present (and didn't warn us). The police sent a letter to the person who received it (known collector) who sent back a letter saying they were going to keep it, then continued doing business with the person who took it from us. We also like detective 27. one copy we had was restored in a 1.5 purple label and we sold to someone well known still in the slab who had it unrestored and got it put in a 1.5 blue label. We also had a detective 27 in purple label 1.0 with chewed up back cover and a spare back cover. We sold it just as it was, still in the slab and with the back cover separate. We did not take the back cover off and put the spare on though it would have been very easy to do.

Bluechip, in all of your earlier posts (before the Action #1 controversy), you referred to yourself in the singular "I". But now you constantlly refer to yourself as "we". It's odd.

We think so too. :screwy:

Bluechip, in all of your earlier posts (before the Action #1 controversy), you referred to yourself in the singular "I". But now you constantlly refer to yourself as "we". It's odd.

lol

lol

we are the borg, resistance is futile...

:signfunny:

lol

we are the borg, resistance is futile...

The Borg were a great creation. What a great enemy. Star Trek got a lot of mileage out of them. I still watch Voyager...it's time slot here is the same time that I treadmill. They used the borg very well. 7 of 9 for example. Even though they threw Kess under the bus for her. Oops....I got sidetracked. Bluechip is like the Ferengi.

Bluechip, in all of your earlier posts (before the Action #1 controversy), you referred to yourself in the singular "I". But now you constantlly refer to yourself as "we".

Gollum

Bluechip, in all of your earlier posts (before the Action #1 controversy), you referred to yourself in the singular "I". But now you constantlly refer to yourself as "we".

Gollum

Gesundheit!

Gollum

Gesundheit!

:signfunny:

Here's my question. New member BATMANFAN says he is partners with Gus (Silver Age Comics) on a large collection of OO GA books. Does anyone know if bluechip and BATMANFAN are one and the same? I just wonder because bluechip always referenced having a partner in his deals with Silver Age Comics. Is BATMANFAN bluechip's partner? Are they both partners of Gus? Are any of them affiliated with, or are they, Greg Jortner?

I wish I knew, but it has a distinct aroma of 3 day old trout around here.