• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY SCAMMER ALERT: LAWSON619606

67 posts in this topic

I'm both angry & embarrassed to admit I've been hosed on eBay AGAIN.

Seller used a picture of a different ToS39 than the one delivered. Significantly different. Described condition as spine wear and some small tears on the corner. Did not disclose that the lower left corner was completely torn off, covers and all pages.

I should have known better, the warning signs were certainly there, but I let wishful thinking of a seemingly good deal get the better of me. I should know better after my AF15 debacle.

Seller is sticking to her guns so I have another fight on my hands. Someday I'll learn. Ugh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110245183983&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

I know you said it, but why did you bid on that? Tiny scan, 1 feedback, and no return policy? It's almost like you asked for it.

I am sorry you got ripped, it takes alot of the joy out of collecting. :(

I know you said it, but why did you bid on that? Tiny scan, 1 feedback, and no return policy? It's almost like you asked for it.

I am sorry you got ripped, it takes alot of the joy out of collecting. :(

I admit I was foolish for placing this bid. Just got caught up in last-minute bidder's frenzy, which can make me stupid sometimes. Clearly. It's a book I've been after for a while, and I guess I convinced myself that it was worth the risk.

Part of what appeals to me about "the hunt" is getting a good deal, and that seems less likely with slabbed books, esp. on a currently hot property like this one. Hopefully I've learned my lesson here, and from now on I will only buy slabbed.

A fool and his money are soon parted. Bye bye, money!

I'm both angry & embarrassed to admit I've been hosed on eBay AGAIN.

Seller used a picture of a different ToS39 than the one delivered. Significantly different. Described condition as spine wear and some small tears on the corner. Did not disclose that the lower left corner was completely torn off, covers and all pages......

Seller is sticking to her guns so I have another fight on my hands. Someday I'll learn. Ugh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110245183983&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

I don't know how there is a fight here at all. The book is not the book advertised. You should send it back, contact your credir card company ask for credit , case closed. Don't ask the seller for permission, just return it and tell her you will be asking for a chargeback.

Now if you didn't use credit card....suing, even by mail is viable, but a lesson , albeit expensive, is learned.

Hah!

I was just contacted by another eBay buyer who is in the process of fighting this same seller for the exact same reason.

(and that was a Hah! of satisfaction, I'm not laughing at his misfortune).

Was it the buyer of the Hulk #2?

That one is even harder to believe, as the book in the pic looks to be in a slab, but the auction is for a raw book. :(

Sorry for your headache.... Good luck with resolving this. :wishluck:

If you paid by Paypal, just start the dispute for sending a different item as advertised.

Not viable in this case. Paypal only guaranteed up to $200, brcause of the unseasoned seller, I would guess. If you don't go directly through your credit card company, you will be wasting your time.

Was it the buyer of the Hulk #2?

Good eye!

"i purchased Hulk #2 and the condition was beyond poor. the cover was not even attached to the book and the comic arrived wrapped in plastic wrap in a with no backing."

Just did some digging in ebay's archives. Here's the auction the TOS 39 picture was swiped from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tales-of-Suspense-39-Iron-Man-VF-Unrestored-NR_W0QQitemZ150237784376QQihZ005QQcategoryZ32735QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would be surprised if this auction was not a scam as well. Poor feedback, private auction, and no past history of selling books like this. They also auctioned a "VF/VF+ Unrestored" ASM 1 at the same time. Very suspicious.

Just did some digging in ebay's archives. Here's the auction the TOS 39 picture was swiped from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tales-of-Suspense-39-Iron-Man-VF-Unrestored-NR_W0QQitemZ150237784376QQihZ005QQcategoryZ32735QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would be surprised if this auction was not a scam as well. Poor feedback, private auction, and no past history of selling books like this. They also auctioned a "VF/VF+ Unrestored" ASM 1 at the same time. Very suspicious.

Correct me if I am wrond but would the evidence above not support a very very easy fraud case ? And it should be an easy win.

Seller has no return policy, fine. But they HAVE to send you the book pictured.

Sorry to hear about this scammer but for the life of me I can't imagine why anyone would bid on this auction. No feedback, no returns, spelling mistakes, the stated grade is actually lower than the picture appears. When guys like this get away with it they are likely to keep at it.

I dont buy, or let anyone bid on my auctions if there feedback is less then 5 OR have any more then 2 neg's. It has worked well for me so far. Sorry to hear that you got rip'ed off.

Like the other said. that auction was a picture perfect example of someone getting set up ... and it happend :( (too often I may add)

It was a rookie mistake, we all make 'em. Happened to me a year or so ago. Despite all my experience I bid on an item where the seller had deliberately cropped the scan and stated that he didn't accept returns. Comic arrived with defects not visible on the scan...

Make as much trouble for the seller as possible and then move on...