• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Yikes, My Wife Wants To Move

238 posts in this topic

Plus, you guys can always move once all the kids go to college or whatever...

that is a very good point. A lot of time people feel like "I've gotta do something right now!" when i fact if you get that feeling out of your head you realize it's ot that bad and there will be a better time.

I thought I wanted to change my surroundings and live in the country. I know that would have been the wrong thing to do, now.

Nik the cow boy would be a hoot to see though.

hm

R.

Maybe a move to New Hampshire?

There is so much I hate about living in Mass, but there is too much that I love. Love going to Boston, the Cape, the South Shore(and the North Shore too) . Close to RI and Newport.

Nothing against Wyoming, I myself could never live more then 45 minutes from the ocean. I live with a pond 10 feet from my house and I still take the 15 to 20 minute ride down to the ocean everyday in the summer.

Massachusetts rated 7th overall worse state for taxes. Wyoming is at 19, New Hampshire is 29th. Or you could move to Alabama at 49 or Oklahoma at 50.

How many years does your wife have in the teaching system? She will get a decent pension, that is one of the best things in this state. Many people I work with retire in MA and then go to RI and work another 10 to 15 years and get another pension from there too.

She threw out Wyoming, and God I hope she was joking :eek:

Could be worse. She could want to move to Canada. :eek:

:censored:

Move to the Cape. :cloud9:

Or Connecticut. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol :tonofbricks:

Yeah, that's it! Away from upscale, select towns with high expenses.

Yup, that's CT to a tee. Think Bridgeport.

Well Nik, I could say "I am surprised anyone could live there for 10 years" but I am sure people would jump all over me about that so I won't say it. :0)

I don't like cold weather too much so I never liked living north of KY...and to me it gets too cold here in the winter too. Wyoming is brutally wintery.

I don't know what your business is or what type of climate you like but I would say you can always come South where the people are friendly (take that with a grain of salt) and where we always need good math teachers.

My goal is to get the kids in college and to work for another 10 years or until my body gives out.

Seriously my next move for me anyways will be permanent as I intend to move back home to Greece.

Originally when I sold my house in Southborough I wanted to move further south but she wanted upscale to keep up with the Joneses. She actually talked me out of moving to another state and starting from the beginning now the tide is reversed.

I want the very best we can afford for our kids, and the town we chose provides all of that. It is expensive to live in but so be it till they are grown and can start their careers.

My 6 year old doesn't want to move as she thinks she will not get to see American Idol lol Man too be young again and worry free :cloud9:

Coming from Someone who just spent 2 & half years in Montana - Wyoming would be really rough. Same sort of 7 month winters then 2 nice months, then 2 months 95-100, then 1 nice month and then all over again. Not to mention the isolation you feel out here... tough on the soul.

Move to the Cape. :cloud9:

Or Connecticut. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol :tonofbricks:

Yeah, that's it! Away from upscale, select towns with high expenses.

Yup, that's CT to a tee. Think Bridgeport.

:shy:

Well, you know what I meant!

I would bet that it's stress coming from the new job and wondering if all the headache is really worth it. I can understand completely. There is nothing more overrated than the "joy" of owning your own business.

My 6 year old doesn't want to move as she thinks she will not get to see American Idol lol Man too be young again and worry free :cloud9:

Tell her there is a version in Greece called Star Acedemy(I think)

I would bet that it's stress coming from the new job and wondering if all the headache is really worth it. I can understand completely. There is nothing more overrated than the "joy" of owning your own business.

Its a different kind of joy, sorta like comics. This being my third home I feel that I upgraded from a VF+ to a NM and I am kool with it :D

Plus, you guys can always move once all the kids go to college or whatever...

that is a very good point. A lot of time people feel like "I've gotta do something right now!" when i fact if you get that feeling out of your head you realize it's ot that bad and there will be a better time.

I thought I wanted to change my surroundings and live in the country. I know that would have been the wrong thing to do, now.

Nik the cow boy would be a hoot to see though.

hm

R.

I 3rd this idea.

Both of my kids will be in college in two years and we are thinking of moving at that time. A good point to start a new chapter in your lives.