• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Yikes, My Wife Wants To Move

238 posts in this topic

Sounds like she is internalizing job stress and that is forcing her to make a change for the whole family. I know the story is only one sided so far (not that we don't believe you, but her (most women's) perspective may be different) but this is a pretty common thing. Is the job stress worth uprooting everything?

The sheet of paper with pros and cons sounds like a great idea.

In the end Nik you'll do what's right for everyone.

(thumbs u

R.

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. But, it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what she thinks. So, it looks like, heaven forbid, you will have to a have a meaningful heart felt conversation with your wife.

"Heaven forbid; heartfelt conversation"... :roflmao:........................This is the 1st time I envied your independence , Doc !.............................BH

Sounds like she is internalizing job stress and that is forcing her to make a change for the whole family. I know the story is only one sided so far (not that we don't believe you, but her (most women's) perspective may be different) but this is a pretty common thing. Is the job stress worth uprooting everything?

The sheet of paper with pros and cons sounds like a great idea.

In the end Nik you'll do what's right for everyone.

(thumbs u

R.

Or internalizing PMS . mehmeh......................................................BH

Funny you mentioned that...my wife and I had a similar conversation...it seems that the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side...but I can definitely understand making a change...

Oh, and I actually threw out Wyoming to my wife too. I told her, if I could do my job via my computer and UPS Delivery, I REALLY don't need all of the modern conveniences. I think I was a hobbit at one time.

Let's be neighbors. lol

Send her to Scottsdale and she can hang out with my ex. That'll bring her to her senses, or if she's :screwy: maybe she'll stay.

Either way = problem solved.

Tell her to forget it! :sumo:

Explain to her that your too old and broken down to start over. :sumo::sumo:

:baiting:

I am old and broken down lol

I don't want too move damn it :cry:

Then grow a pair and lay down the law. :sumo:

You crazy, I live in Mass :gossip:

My first divorce cost me a bundle, could not afford a second one lol

Then I would go with the too old and broken down strategy. hm Maybe you'll get some pity. :roflmao:

Nik,

My wife wants to move too....maybe we can do a house swap for a year....you're wife can live in Alaska and then she'll be happy to return home.

I think my wife might be satisfied with upgrading our home to lake front within a few miles and for around $400-600K more though.

Hopefully the vacation and writing down pros and cons works for you. Just don't get into a discussion about it without slowing the pace....it's stressful to think about starting over............I don't envy you..........but I'm sure it'll work out.

Good mechanics and body shops are worth their weight in Gold in AK though if you do decide to move on up. I just spent $2,600 on some long deferred maintenance on our expedition :lol: think of the cool comic I could have bought for that.

Then I would go with the too old and broken down strategy. hm Maybe you'll get some pity. :roflmao:

Or she just might stop feeding him.

:(