• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will lightning strike twice at Comiclink?

59 posts in this topic

If it sells for 125K it makes Mark Zaid's Showcase 4 at 125K seem like a pretty good deal.

Not in the least. Give me a Hulk 1 any day, at least it's a first appearance.

So is the SA Flash. :gossip:

Yeah, I know but it's a pseudo first appearance. :devil:

I think the thing that holds SC4 back is the cover. For me it just does not have the zip that other monster books have.

Talk to guys like Burntboy who actually remember seeing the book on the newsstands and they`ll tell you the cover was very eyecatching.

Wow.... I can't imagine buying that new. That would have been cool. Of course my copy would have been a piece of toilet paper by now.

I guess my comment on the cover is Flash 105 and 123 are much better covers the Showcase cover and for me have a lot more cache.

Stepping back from the historical significance of AF 15 and Showcase 4, Hulk 1 is by far the hardest silverage "super key" in high grade.

I'd say $140K is definitely in play.

I think the thing that holds SC4 back is the cover. For me it just does not have the zip that other monster books have.

Talk to guys like Burntboy who actually remember seeing the book on the newsstands and they`ll tell you the cover was very eyecatching.

Wow.... I can't imagine buying that new. That would have been cool. Of course my copy would have been a piece of toilet paper by now.

I guess my comment on the cover is Flash 105 and 123 are much better covers the Showcase cover and for me have a lot more cache.

I'm probably only one of a handful on the boards that purchased Showcase #4 New off the stands. I was only 8 at the time and even after i lost the book in a move just before my 9th birthday, i always remembered that "Odd" cover with the guy running on Movie Tape.......

I can only imagine what it was like for followers of the old DC characters to see that book hit the newstands. Probably mixed emotions for many as an old character was being reborn, but he had been totally revamped.

I know how cool it was to see the Sub-Mariner be reborn (as the same character) in FF 4 and then see the same happen to Cap (sort of) in ST 114 and then in Avengers 4..... :cloud9:

Harry is there sort of "mail bag" or some sort of written record about how people felt when these characters were "reborn"?

I'd lvoe to hear that...

I wonder if people reacted then the way we do today when cap or spidey are reborn.

R.

Im beginning to think that one or both of the two guys who bought the last two AF15s at over 200K will now be gunning for this Hulk#1 for the same reasons. A real trophy book that doesnt come around often. we'll see soon.

Harry FF#4 and Avengers #4 are too major keys as far as I'm concerned. I love the way Stan tied in their fates together with Namor chucking a frozen Cap into to the water. Did you know that Cap actually told Namor for I believe the first time that it was him who was responsible for his return to life [Avengers #262 Buscema art :cloud9: ]

Im beginning to think that one or both of the two guys who bought the last two AF15s at over 200K will now be gunning for this Hulk#1 for the same reasons. A real trophy book that doesnt come around often. we'll see soon.

Defintately.

(thumbs u

I'm probably only one of a handful on the boards that purchased Showcase #4 New off the stands. I was only 8 at the time and even after i lost the book in a move just before my 9th birthday, i always remembered that "Odd" cover with the guy running on Movie Tape.......

I can only imagine what it was like for followers of the old DC characters to see that book hit the newstands. Probably mixed emotions for many as an old character was being reborn, but he had been totally revamped.

I know how cool it was to see the Sub-Mariner be reborn (as the same character) in FF 4 and then see the same happen to Cap (sort of) in ST 114 and then in Avengers 4..... :cloud9:

I've heard similar reactions from other "mature" adults about their experience with seeing Showcase 4 on the newstand.

Stepping back from the historical significance of AF 15 and Showcase 4, Hulk 1 is by far the hardest silverage "super key" in high grade.

If you`re talking Marvel, then yes. If you`re talking about all SA, then I would say B&B 28 is equally hard and Showcase 22 is harder.

I regret selling my high school collection to finance university, but I doubt, too, if many of those issues would have been anywhere near even the modest condition I collect today. :(

Though, they were well-read and well-appreciated. :grin:

If you`re talking Marvel, then yes. If you`re talking about all SA, then I would say B&B 28 is equally hard and Showcase 22 is harder.

DC fan :kidaround:

Don't know if you guys covered this but that's the weakest 9.2 I've ever seen. Look at the 8.5 FF 16 just above it. None of the spine stresses, no corner damage etc. The Hulk 1 is gonna top $100K but it's not a very nice 9.2. Also, the SHowcase 4 is getting no love at all and the Showcase 6 is also currently below Guide. I recently picked up 2 B&B 28's in nice 3.5 below Guide. What do most of you think about Silver DC? Is it dead and dying or a great time to buy with Marvels getting insane prices?

keith contarino

Also, the SHowcase 4 is getting no love at all and the Showcase 6 is also currently below Guide. I recently picked up 2 B&B 28's in nice 3.5 below Guide. What do most of you think about Silver DC? Is it dead and dying or a great time to buy with Marvels getting insane prices?

keith contarino

who collects DC's? :insane: no demand, but you're right, DC keys in low grade can be had for a bargin.

Showcase 22 is a cool book.

Also, the SHowcase 4 is getting no love at all and the Showcase 6 is also currently below Guide. I recently picked up 2 B&B 28's in nice 3.5 below Guide. What do most of you think about Silver DC? Is it dead and dying or a great time to buy with Marvels getting insane prices?

keith contarino

who collects DC's? :insane: no demand, but you're right, DC keys in low grade can be had for a bargin.

That'll change I think. Lot's of things go up and down. Look at bronze horror...on fire two years ago, slowing down now. Everything go's up and down. I was never a DC collector but I would buy some SA DC keys if I had the $$ just because they are tough in grade.

R.

Now is the time to buy DC. Marvels are still getting insane money, even with the over abundance of high grade copies being offered. DC will always take a second place to Marvel, but DC will still always be a factor. Couple that with the fact that there are a lot fewer issues available in high grade than any given Marvel and I would feel good about buying them also. It is hard to buck the trends though.