• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone still awake?

5,958 posts in this topic

I'm up, can't sleep. Just found out my contractors I paid $8k to ran off with my money and can't be found...

:o

That sucks :( Did they pick up and leave?

That does suck. What did you hire them to do?

I own another house in NC and the renters just moved out. Needed make some major repairs before I put it on the market to sell. My ReMax agent picked out a good contracter that she recommended and has used before. But without her knowledge that contractor sub-contracted the work. those sub-contracters just took the money and cannot be found. So paying two mortgages, to utility bills. And I'm out $8k. Me pissed.

Wouldn't the contracter that she recommended by at fault? Sorry to hear about it.

I'm up, can't sleep. Just found out my contractors I paid $8k to ran off with my money and can't be found...

:o

That sucks :( Did they pick up and leave?

That does suck. What did you hire them to do?

I own another house in NC and the renters just moved out. Needed make some major repairs before I put it on the market to sell. My ReMax agent picked out a good contracter that she recommended and has used before. But without her knowledge that contractor sub-contracted the work. those sub-contracters just took the money and cannot be found. So paying two mortgages, to utility bills. And I'm out $8k. Me pissed.

Wouldn't the contracter that she recommended by at fault? Sorry to hear about it.

Seems to me that the guy you paid, owes you 8k... HE is out the money from the guys HE subbed the contract to... I'm not up on the laws involved, but that seems right?

Go to bed. All of you.
You first, Olathe dude. Also, I forgive you for living.
Go scan some books for the next VCC. Maybe something better than 8.0 this time. :baiting:

Go to bed. All of you.
Go scan some books for the next VCC. Maybe something better than 8.0 this time. :baiting:
Like you can afford my sweet junky dupes.

Go to bed. All of you.
I got a box full of your junky dupes. I'm waiting for the next local library free give away so I can get rid of them and buy some more sweet Skull The Slayers.

^^

Go to bed. All of you.
I got a box full of your junky dupes. I'm waiting for the next local library free give away so I can get rid of them and buy some more sweet Skull The Slayers.

^^

I'm hoarding those next

Go to bed. All of you.

^^

I'm hoarding those next
Great series.....If you don't already have a HG run, then you're just another Canadian punk. Like drink-slinging Roy. :whistle:

Go to bed. All of you.

^^

I'm hoarding those next
Great series.....If you don't already have a HG run, then you're just another Canadian punk. Like drink-slinging Roy. :whistle:
I'm going to build a run and mock you mercilessly. Not a big change from the usual mocking but what the hell.

Go to bed. All of you.

^^

I'm hoarding those next

Canadian punk :acclaim:

wassup.jpg

Sitting around the house, surfing, watching the extras from LOTR: Two Towers. Debating if sleep is necessary at this moment...

Been working on two personal projects for a while now.

What are you guys doing?

At work right now...bored out of my mind! :makepoint:

How are the LOTR extras?

At work right now...bored out of my mind! :makepoint:

How are the LOTR extras?

I have the three DVD sets that came boxed with the statues. Each set has its own extras DVDs (2 discs per movie). They're long, detailed, and just awesome! I'm a complete Geroge Lucas/Star Wars fan and I'm still holding out hope that Lucas will do something similar for the original trilogy. Peter Jackson and his company outdid themselves with those extras :applause:

I watched the extras each time I got the sets, so I haven't watched these for a while. I also recently watched the documentary Dangerous Days about the making of Blade Runner - also awesome!

Dangerous Days about the making of Blade Runner

Great movie!

I also bought one of the LOTR sets with the statues (they were the two gigantic statues with their arms extended that the Fellowship floats between in the first movie)...pretty cool!

Dangerous Days about the making of Blade Runner

Great movie!

I also bought one of the LOTR sets with the statues (they were the two gigantic statues with their arms extended that the Fellowship floats between in the first movie)...pretty cool!

The LOTR set with the Argonath statues is the best of the three sets.