• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

just got back today :)

Can you post a bigger scan?

I could but thought that might break your monitor :baiting:

put up a thumbnail instead

My monitor displayed it beautifully. It was the trouble my 50mg connection had downloading it that was the problem :baiting:

lol

I'm reading through the compendium and finding a lot of similarities between WD and Deadworld. I'm not saying WD is flat out stealing, but just that I sometimes feel a bit of deja vu while reading. Makes me wonder if Deadworld would have been a huge hit had the talent stayed on board.

I haven't heard of Deadworld before. If it's similar to the WD I'd like to try it out.

I did an eBay search and "mycomicshop" search about it. Are you refering to the series put out by IMAGE or the one put out by ARROW/CALIBER???

The Image series looks like it came out within the last 10 years.

The Arrow/Caliber series started in the mid 80's and looks like there are a ton of issues. Even a 2nd series that went into the 90's.

If you read this let me know which. (thumbs u

Kathryn,

Got my books and I must say you are the absolute coolest! I love them and thanks for the early Christmas present. I hope you have a great holiday!

I hope you learn to start less threads and post kudos's in the correct ones.

As long as we're hoping for things...I hope you learn to grade a bit more accurately, since one of the last books you sent me was not NM.

Ouch... that's going to sting a bit.

But c'mon, you derserved it. How can you pick on someone nice enough to give away free WD books? (shrug)

I was picking on comicamalgrams posting habits, nothing to do with free WD books or who gave them away. Might want to re-read.

Opps, my bad. Sorry about that.

I'm going to go back into my silent hole for awhile...

I'm reading through the compendium and finding a lot of similarities between WD and Deadworld. I'm not saying WD is flat out stealing, but just that I sometimes feel a bit of deja vu while reading. Makes me wonder if Deadworld would have been a huge hit had the talent stayed on board.

I haven't heard of Deadworld before. If it's similar to the WD I'd like to try it out.

I did an eBay search and "mycomicshop" search about it. Are you refering to the series put out by IMAGE or the one put out by ARROW/CALIBER???

The Image series looks like it came out within the last 10 years.

The Arrow/Caliber series started in the mid 80's and looks like there are a ton of issues. Even a 2nd series that went into the 90's.

If you read this let me know which. (thumbs u

I only have issue one of the Image series. There were two Caliber runs and a handful of oneshots and minis. Then the image run, and I think there are still GN's being put out by the original writer, maybe self published? The first dozen or so issues were written by Gary Reed and illustrated by Vincent Locke. They were awesome. The similarities include

A one armed zombie killing hero, a group of survivors stumbling upon the home of some reclusive christians and getting thrown out, a member of the group being kidnapped and raped by another group of survivors, a rival group feeding lone travelers to zombies, and if I remember correctly they also fought for sport.

there could be more but that is just off the top of my head. Deadworld was more supernatural, with spirits and black magic and parallel universes, but when it first started it was about a group of teens trying to stake out a safe place to live, and that was when it was really good.

Oh yeah, and I have read the entire first two series as well as most of the Deadworld Chronicles oneshots and Caliber Presents/Calibrations issues with deadworld stories. I have the minis just haven't read them yet, and the first issue from the Image run that I peeked at but not read. Looks like a reboot of Vol. 1.

Edited by dupont2005

I heard that TWD might get a visit from Spawn soon.

Don't know how true this is, but it came up in a conversation with another comic book collector I know.

I call BS...

(thumbs u Seems a little silly to be true or can it... hope not

Don't know how true this is, but it came up in a conversation with another comic book collector I know.

I call BS...

Unless there is a Rick dream or sick with fever issue I second the BS

I call BS...

Let me back track a little...

I could see Kirkman having a background character that only get's mentioned once have the name of Al Simmons or something like that, but there is no way in hell that Spawn (in costume or hamburgered face) shows up in the book

I call BS...

Unless there is a Rick dream or sick with fever issue I second the BS

Or perhaps one of the kids in the "new community" reads/collects comics, that is the only way I can see Spawn ever brought up in the series doh!