• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I think Moore's lost his passion for this title.

Fixed that for ya. Kirkman though, continues to write an amazing story, and you can clearly see from the development of his characters and story, that he cares very deeply for this title.

Does a new WD come out today?

Sorry been in NC with no contact to the comic world

YES :whee:

It does? Whoa! That was quick!

I'm about to read it right now, actually :cloud9:

Hmm...could Walking Dead survive if Rick were killed?

i'm sure it could, at least to some degree, but it would be akin to taking kobe off the lakers. sure, it'd still be good, but it'd be missing that spark. rick is the most developed character, of course he's also the main character and leader, and also maybe the only real developed character. michonne is, to me, the next best character, but she's too mysterious. carl is too hot headed, young, and occasionally unlikable, to lead the book. abraham is great, but only as a second fiddle (no offense).

The reason I ask is because recently someone pointed me to the direction of The Crossed...and uhm thank you, you sick basterd because now I'm hooked on another depraved Garth Ennis universe. With that said, I wasn't sure I would be all that interested in any off-shoots of The Crossed, but I bought the one that came out last month and am looking forward to issue # 2.

The reason I ask is because recently someone pointed me to the direction of The Crossed...and uhm thank you, you sick basterd because now I'm hooked on another depraved Garth Ennis universe. With that said, I wasn't sure I would be all that interested in any off-shoots of The Crossed, but I bought the one that came out last month and am looking forward to issue # 2.

By far, the most depressing and relentless down story ever in comics. There is no break in the pain and suffering. There isn't a hint of anything other than sadness, violence and death.

Speaking of Crossed, I just read a post-apocalyptic trade called "Sweet-Tooth." It was very good. Anybody else read it? I am going to post in the WTB thread for a #1 to get SS'd.

By far, the most depressing and relentless down story ever in comics. There is no break in the pain and suffering. There isn't a hint of anything other than sadness, violence and death.

The bullet trick in the first series made me queasy and impressed by their resourcefulness.

Sounds like something I should be reading.

Hmm...could Walking Dead survive if Rick were killed?

i'm sure it could, at least to some degree, but it would be akin to taking kobe off the lakers. sure, it'd still be good, but it'd be missing that spark. rick is the most developed character, of course he's also the main character and leader, and also maybe the only real developed character. michonne is, to me, the next best character, but she's too mysterious. carl is too hot headed, young, and occasionally unlikable, to lead the book. abraham is great, but only as a second fiddle (no offense).

I think you're spot on with this.