• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

anyone have pictures of all these posters ?... Wish I had known about them sooner I could have got my friend to snag some ... He stopped by the booth so maybe he has some extras anyways hmm

lol it is weird that they put the price on the poster

Oh and the #1 sold for $573 last night

You only get it for $450 these days if you find someone dumb enough to sell it on a 24 hour auction Friday to Saturday.

Ah Man! I am that dumb!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320550674826

And Julio if you have one more poster available, I'm interested!

Edited by comicalgems

Waiting in the san Diego airport...

The walking dead cast was awesome to everyone in line and image did a great job running the line of fifty people.

The trailer and set were really cool also and people were like a mob trying to watch, so that was beyond hopeful for this show being a hit!

I was able to buy a couple of the back up story pages from 75. The Michonne double page splash and the last page. Also picked up another cover and 2 commissions from Charlie. Both are crazy sweet and Charlie just sat and BSd with us. One of the nicest guys the business for sure!

The walking dead cast was awesome to everyone in line and image did a great job running the line of fifty people.

The trailer and set were really cool also and people were like a mob trying to watch, so that was beyond hopeful for this show being a hit!

I was able to buy a couple of the back up story pages from 75. The Michonne double page splash and the last page. Also picked up another cover and 2 commissions from Charlie. Both are crazy sweet and Charlie just sat and BSd with us. One of the nicest guys the business for sure!

You sat there and Big Swinging Dicked with Charlie? :o

:cloud9:

Got my SDCC #75s today from ebay. It was weird reading it before my shipment arrives in a couple weeks. By the way they were flawless copies and I was able to get them cheap ( along with some Solars) by pre-ordering them, very impressive for ebay.

The book was a fun read.

New to the book. Just finished compendium one. I am still on the fence if I want to join the cool kids and get on the bandwagon. An interesting read, but for the most part I dislike the Grimes. A good take on the zombie apocalypse, and no one with super powers yet. If I happen to get a good buy on 50-75 I will probably pick them up.

I asked Charlie about Davidson...

He smiled and rubbed his chin coyly saying hmmmm, someone we might have seen before...hmmmm? lol

I would also like to publically state...

I was right about a #75 Blank Variant that I spoke about after C2E2. I thought I was really going to be put through the wringer on that one, but my contact was correct.

(thank goodness, you guys would never believe me again lol)

e-mail from Ultimate Comics

Dear Customer,

So, I have good news and bad news. We received the Walking Dead Variants today as scheduled. I have them all and am ready to start shipping them as soon as possible.

However, every last copy has a printer defect. There is a two inch wrinkle on the back cover (this would be the white cover with logos only). They all have this defect so there is not a whole lot we can do about it.

We have contacted both Image and Diamond in regards to the problem, but there is not much we think can be done as this would make the book a second printing if they were to go back to press with it.

We are planning to contact CGC in regards to the possibility of qualified grading for the book. We understand that many of you are going to be looking to get these graded and that is of course a concern.

We are contacting each person who has purchased the book to let them know about the problem, so that they can be fully informed and can contact us with any questions or concerns they may have.

e-mail from Ultimate Comics

Dear Customer,

So, I have good news and bad news. We received the Walking Dead Variants today as scheduled. I have them all and am ready to start shipping them as soon as possible.

However, every last copy has a printer defect. There is a two inch wrinkle on the back cover (this would be the white cover with logos only). They all have this defect so there is not a whole lot we can do about it.

We have contacted both Image and Diamond in regards to the problem, but there is not much we think can be done as this would make the book a second printing if they were to go back to press with it.

We are planning to contact CGC in regards to the possibility of qualified grading for the book. We understand that many of you are going to be looking to get these graded and that is of course a concern.

We are contacting each person who has purchased the book to let them know about the problem, so that they can be fully informed and can contact us with any questions or concerns they may have.

Just received my notification too. Bastards. Hopefully they destroy them to compensate for the cover. I only ordered it because I'm a completionist.

Edited by Unknown Hero