• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Looking for some advise from the board members. I have a WD #1 CGC 9.8 SS by Kirkman. With the Tony Moore signing coming up I would like to here your thoughts about my options.

1) Keep it and be happy that you cracked a blue label once and got it signed and it came back at a 9.8.

2) How can I pass up getting Tony Moore to sign it...roll the dice but take the chance it comes back lower then a 9.8.

Inspect the book thoroughly in the case - if it looks like it'll retain the 9.8 grade, crack it. If not, keep it slabbed.

I crack modern 9.8's all the time - there's nothing to it, really.

Good advise--imo its a 9.8 but I worry about all the handling at the signing before CGC grades it..just looking at it from both sides.

I have a WD #1 SS by Moore with a sketch...do you guys think its worth risking a drop in grade to have a have Kirkman sig also??

Are you talking a CHANCE of a grade drop, due to damage in transit, by artist or other? or are you saying that looking at the book, you're pretty sure that it is not going to be graded as high? If A, then yeah, it's worth it, as it's just taking a chance, but if it's B, than no, as it is probably an accurate forecast.

Looking for some advise from the board members. I have a WD #1 CGC 9.8 SS by Kirkman. With the Tony Moore signing coming up I would like to here your thoughts about my options.

1) Keep it and be happy that you cracked a blue label once and got it signed and it came back at a 9.8.

2) How can I pass up getting Tony Moore to sign it...roll the dice but take the chance it comes back lower then a 9.8.

This #1 is for my personal collection and I would not look to sell it any time soon.

First poll ever :wishluck:

where's the option for "have tony sign it and who cares what grade it comes back as, as long as it's signed?"

I went to the LCS and picked up #75 and 76.

When I got to the halfway point of #75, my eyebrow raised.

I read a couple more pages then frantically flipped to the front page to check to see if Joe Quesada had become the new editor of Image.

After I finished #75, I immediately opened 76 to make sure whatever just happened had gone away.

If I had only picked up #75 I would have called the shop and told them to stop pulling TWD for me. It was only because I had #76 in hand that the series was saved for me.

If I had only picked up #75 I would have called the shop and told them to stop pulling TWD for me. It was only because I had #76 in hand that the series was saved for me.

sounds like a quote from someone who decided to begin reading the series at issue # 75

I read a couple more pages then frantically flipped to the front page to check to see if Joe Quesada had become the new editor of Image.

After I finished #75, I immediately opened 76 to make sure whatever just happened had gone away.

I didn't know WTF was going on either. But I wasn't worried because I am not a spaz.

I didn't know WTF was going on either. But I wasn't worried because I am not a spaz.

:signfunny:

This #1 is for my personal collection and I would not look to sell it any time soon.

If you really want the double sig go for it. If you're a big fan of the Signature Series that's cool and worth the risk. (thumbs u

BUT if you HAVE to have a 9.8 I wouldn't. This is why:

Your book has a Kirkman signature in the same spot as the one that sold for $1200. A 9.6 with 2 sigs isn't going to come close to that price. I don't think it would even get 1/2. That would be an expensive upgrade if you lost the 9.8.

If you really want the double sig go for it. If you're a big fan of the Signature Series that's cool and worth the risk. (thumbs u

BUT if you HAVE to have a 9.8 I wouldn't. This is why:

Your book has a Kirkman signature in the same spot as the one that sold for $1200. A 9.6 with 2 sigs isn't going to come close to that price. I don't think it would even get 1/2. That would be an expensive upgrade if you lost the 9.8.

If the grade comes back a 9.6 and I doubt that since this book has been graded twice and received 9.8 each time then you sell it and buy a 9.8 Universal for the next SS opportunity (latest is Jan). A 9.6 SS will get you a 9.8 Universal and some $$.