• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Since we are ridiculously off-topic (not that I care lol) and I know nothing about baseball or trading cards..

I thought it nice to say, I bit the bullet and finally bought:

LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-Star.jpg

Very excited to get it and put it together with the GF..

Alright, that's the end of my PSA for tonight.

Gonna go watch Django!

Working my way up to that one. Bought Jabba's Palace and saw on Toys R Us that after Christmas they've released a Rancor pit battle.

see, im a big believer of "putting your money where your mouth is". ive said it others here that have been collecting for some time "why didnt you by as many copies as you could have?" when it came to things like an awesome WD cover or certain releases that you knew would be desired in the future, like Walking Dead Weekly #1.

im a HUGE fan of the 103 cover, and i still feel that 105 is Jeffs first appearance. i have about 15 of each. ive not looked, might have more, but at least 15 of each.

Now, these are still available at less then cover. the question is, how many is too many? i dont have any intention of reselling my mess. just love collecting.

Sorry mate - I have seen quite a few people go on about the "Jeff" cover.

I thought it was the guy who owned the store!

There is not one shread of 'proof', not even in twitter-land that this is Jeff Grimes.

If you want to go hard at something - start buying and slabbing #92.

Ist Jesus.

I know the print run was ,what ,20,000 ish? (I'm sure someone will be along soon to give the correct number) but its already over a year old - and was well read, not hoarded from what I can see by the numbers/condition (VF, not NM) on ebay.

Give it another 2 years and this will be at Govenor (#27) level hopefully.

Raws can still be had for $30 - $40.

Thats what i would be collecting for as long as prices remain at $50 or below.

9.8 (12 month GPA) = $108

9.8 (3 month GPA) = $111

SS 9.8 (Kirkman Adlard) = $288

Its only going to go up until he bites the dust - and that won't be for years as Kirkman has said he will be around for a long,long time.

If you know something about "Jeff" that proves it is him - please accept my apologies for not knowing all the facts - but even if it is, this is still a great place for noobs to have their first big speculation.

It really is a no-lose situation, unless the whole Walking Dead franchise falls off the cliff!

Good Luck Mate!

Still not convinced about Jesus. Why the hype? I have two issues of 92, I just haven't seen enough to understand his price jump. Maybe this storyline will solve this, but even in August I was buying these at $14 a pop, and they're triple that raw now.

Too much to quote, but I agree with the Jesus thing 100% by Andy ^^^^^

Ask Rosen, I've been chewing his hear off for the last 6 months about #92 and the importance of Jesus.

I can't believe they're already at $35-40 minimum. These were just going for $20-25 a couple months ago.

I just snagged another one today for $40, I don't mind paying that since I know there's no reason this thing would go back down in price anytime soon (yes, speculation, I know, sue me).

So this whole Jeff Grimes thing is intriguing. I'd like to know from why ThoseBackPages is so adamant about it :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the theory. I'm already ready to pull the rumor mill trigger on the twitter/facebook/blogger-sphere! :D

Edited by roastedbagel

Still not convinced about Jesus. Why the hype? I have two issues of 92, I just haven't seen enough to understand his price jump. Maybe this storyline will solve this, but even in August I was buying these at $14 a pop, and they're triple that raw now.

Well first and foremost, he kicks butt :D

Secondly, and more importantly, Kirkman has said in a couple different Letter Hacks that Jesus is one of his favorite characters, and for us to expect him to be around for a long time, and that he's going to be a pivotal character in the series grand scheme.

Thats it - the Andy/Bagel double tip! (thumbs u

You can't go wrong guys - all in!!

(We are so screwed RB if this goes south......... lol )

Nah - seriously, this is a golden tip.

Jump on.

Remember when people wouldn't pay $15 for a #53?

Well the Gpa has gone from $42 to $118 in 12 months and is still climbing.

Jesus will be around a lot longer than Abe.

its too late to buy 92s now. the time to buy them raw was when they were released in 2011. i wasnt collecting then.

Don't be soft lad!

Now is exactly the time to get on.

Prices rising proves they are being collected so the uncertainty has been taken out of the equation.

Remember everyone calling Branget daft when he was buying #1's at over $200?

Last two sales were $2850 and $3000 for Blue Labels.

Buy as many as you can,slab them via slow stream and wait for 18 months.

You will be fighting me and Bagel though!

Nothing like going through all the trouble to over hype a VF book using this wording.....

"This issue is in the condition mentioned in the title, it has been bagged and boarded. Stored in a smoke-free, temperature controlled, low humidity environment"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-92-VF-condition-Sold-Out-HTF-Michonne-Kirkman-The-Lot-1st-Print-/130831177902?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e762558ae

doh! PLEASE for the love of god stop with that make believe environment you live in.

Stored in a smoke-free, temperature controlled, low humidity environment = aka a normal house that has A/C and heat. :eyeroll:

Sorry mate - I have seen quite a few people go on about the "Jeff" cover.

I thought it was the guy who owned the store!

There is not one shread of 'proof', not even in twitter-land that this is Jeff Grimes.

You've got completely the wrong end of the stick.

He's talking about pages 12 and 13 of issue 105, not the cover of 106 (which is supposed to be Charlie Adlard, not the guy who owns the store). I don't think anyone anywhere is saying that's Jeff on the 106 cover.

The idea that it might have been Jeff Grimes in the pages mentioned comes from the fact that: (a) those pages never came up for sale on Splash Page; and (b) he looks like he could be Rick's brother.

At the New York Comicon they had an exclusive cover for the Walking Dead magazine that came with an art card signed by Robert Kirkman.

I had Kirkman sign my copy of the magazine for CGC signature series. I just found out that it will be coming back with a 9.8 grade for yellow label.

The only problem is that I can't find any comparables on ebay or elsewhere so I thought I would ask here.

Any ideas about where I should price the magazine and art card if I sell them as a set?

Thanks in advance.