• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

back to guessing what happens next:

The logical thing for Negan to do to Carl is to kill him, or cut something off. Carl killed some of his guys, and while its being handled so far like Carl is a cool kid to toy with, that goes against what we have seen from Negan so far. Meaning, if th e kid in question were anyone but Carl, he'd make a quick example of him.

So, since Carl is a lead character and cant be killed for a while, if at all, and Kirkman wont do the expected thing, Im thinking Negan goes HOOK with Carl. He tries to be a better father than Rick.

So, rather than cut off an ear, or mess with the eye socket, etc, How about Negan does somethng TO Carl thats life-changing??? How about he gets Carl laid????

So the answer to Negan's taunt: "Guess what Ive done to your son? turns out to be : "I made a man out of him!"

My thoughts...

Negan is totally into retribution and people paying a price for their actions. That being said he likes Carl, hell he may even respect Carl. In 105 right before the face vs. iron incident, he hands Carl Lucille when Carl is 1-2 stairs above him (right at skull cracking height) and has no one who might be able to stop him if Carl wanted to take a swing at Negan.

So I think its fair to say there is some respect for just how bad Carl is to ride in a truck to an unknown location, pull out an assault rifle as large as he is and mow down some mofo's standing 5 feel away, and then when Negan show's up Carl commences to blast away again!!! What a bada$$ and someone without fear (maybe the brain damage did some good?)

So, what should Negan do to Carl? I think that Negan views Carl as a problem solver, and as somewhat "more evolved" for his willingness to take action no matter the consequences. Carl has already lost one eye, so I don't think Negan will take the other eye. Cutting off an appendage (hand, foot ect.) would be far too predictable. Removing his tongue (mentioned in a prior post) would definitely be cruel, but then Carl couldn't lead people. The possibility of psychological damage is certainly possible, but I think that Carl is already quite damaged (killing Shane, watching his father lose a hand, Dale lose a leg, mother & sister die in a shoot out, zombies, zombies, zombies etc.)

The question I ask is what differentiates the primate species from other animals? opposable thumbs! It's mighty hard to fire a gun without being able to hold it, so I think that Negan will either smash (with a hammer) or remove poor Carl's thumbs, thus preventing him from accomplishing any similar destruction in the future. Additionally, for the remainder of Rick's life he will be reminded of Carl's actions and will be forced to care for him. Perhaps even more frightening, when (if) Rick dies, who is going to care for Carl? That is something Rick will have to live the remainder of his life worrying about as well.

Love where the Negan story line is going, just wondering who this new dude is in 108?

With all due respect guys the has been quite a bit of quoting GPA on here. I am all for giving people the odd piece of information but it is a service. If someone wishes to continually know then they should subscribe. Cutting and pasting info here should be a no-no.

(thumbs u

Especially since I pay for it...get your own subscription.

It's nice to show a new person the amount of information they get access to. On the other hand there were 5 threads updated with the latest GPA data this week. That's more than recommending a service.

That was me Jeff from my own GPA.

Someone asked me for a favour so I did it as a one-off.

I had no intention of doing anything but a kindness.

Apologies.

With all due respect guys the has been quite a bit of quoting GPA on here. I am all for giving people the odd piece of information but it is a service. If someone wishes to continually know then they should subscribe. Cutting and pasting info here should be a no-no.

Hmm if I start a thread titled "ask comicalgems recent gpa" then gave continuously false info do you think that would help?

Without quoting GPA though, I can tell you that officially #53 HAS been overtaken by #92 in the 3 month GPA average.

#27 next anyone?

Ok. Seriously, what's up with the Rick brother conspiracies in TWD 105? Didn't buy it, but I've heard a few things, certain things are adding up, and I want to know what everyone else thinks.

I love the conspiracy. I went back and re-read 95-105 to see if I missed anything, and I am certainly suspicious.

Why would Negan leave his bat in the truck? He never leaves Lucille anywhere (apparently). Leaving Lucille in the truck was important because it gave this new unnamed person a chance to show that Lucille is extremely important to Negan (like we didn't already know that) and a chance to be in the same room as Carl as well.

Interestingly the first panel you see the supposed Jeff Grimes character it appears to be from Carl's perspective. The following two panels appear to be from Jeff's perspective and Carl is shrouded in darkness, so perhaps Jeff could not make him our clearly. The last panel on the page shows all three (Carl, Jeff and Negan) as if to indicate just how close they came to possibly identifying each other. When Negan takes possession of Lucille he then spends an entire page questioning and joking with this supposed Jeff character as well.

Additionally, Negan is the leader of this group of band of misfits and while he is in his private suite, I would assume very few people have full unfettered access to interrupt him. Even Negan had to go through a metal detector choke point to get to his suite, which appears to be attached to an industrial factory. So I found it interesting that this mystery character, who does look like a younger two handed version of Rick was pushed into the spotlight.

Lastly, going back to issue 103, when Negan arrives at Alexandria to take their share of Rick's peoples goods Negan makes Rick hold Lucille while he take a tour of the property. In issue 105 he makes Carl hold Lucille. The only other person to hold lucille is ..drum roll please...Jeff Grimes (I feel like Glenn Beck connecting dots with ominous music).

So there you have it, my conspiracy theory behind why this is indeed Jeff Grimes. So now that I have made a public declaration, Kirkman will take this in another direction entirely.

Yes I know who he was. We talked on here. His feedback is steller. I would of had no problem buying from him, even if I didn't know. It's the peeps that have a score under 100 that I have the most problems with. Anyways I just can't justify 1200 right now.

I think I have bought more WD books off of Jeff than from anyone else off these boards or from eBay. I just look the other way to the whole Canadian thing. :insane:

Yes I know who he was. We talked on here. His feedback is steller. I would of had no problem buying from him, even if I didn't know. It's the peeps that have a score under 100 that I have the most problems with. Anyways I just can't justify 1200 right now.

I think I have bought more WD books off of Jeff than from anyone else off these boards or from eBay. I just look the other way to the whole Canadian thing. :insane:

Before these boards, i never would have sent the amount of money i did to Jeff and Jim simply because they were in Canada. That being said, i've sent them too much money as it is, but my collection is greatful :)lol

Has anyone's 106c order arrived or even been marked as shipped on eBay? Kinda annoyed that there hasn't been any movement on my order.

Mine just marked as shipped an hour ago.

Man there are some nice TWD slabs to hit feebay in the last 24 hours. Sorry would have been too many links to add here.

Three 9.9's from same seller and various other stuff. I hate waiting for auctions to end, now I have to add to my watch list.

Edited by Soup1998

Before these boards, i never would have sent the amount of money i did to Jeff and Jim simply because they were in Canada. That being said, i've sent them too much money as it is, but my collection is greatful :)lol

Dude, our countries are almost the same, as is our culture. We just get to enjoy more personal freedoms, and civil liberties than you do :D:foryou:

Jim