• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

woah..me too. linky please :)

Auction ends in 5 minutes. I'll give you the link in 6. lol

Actually, I don't know when it will go up but it will probably be through heroinitiative on ebay.

Having a little WD sales thread over in the modern section :gossip:

and yes I am spamming the thread :acclaim:

Getting out while the show is peaking? Think it's going to drop? Curious why you are selling.

Aesop says: don't slab just one book or buddy up..

If you sub at a Con, you avoid shipping at least one way. I usually sub about 10-20 when I do sub and it comes to about $25 or less. This is not fast tracking as I can live with waiting months.

If my grading is spot on at 9.8 and it's mostly been, then it saves me $$ rather than buying here.

:gossip: unless I want to upgrade to SS.

You should also consider

A) getting with a buddy or three to sub and defray shipping/grading costs.

B) going to another lcs that doesn't charge you $50 to grade one book. That's a ridiculous cost.

C) getting a sub with Beachbum for new WDs. Significantly cheaper than $50, fast tracked and other bonuses available.

Due to the CGC return shipping cost, the cost of slabbing a single book isn't that far from $50, actually.

Here's how it breaks down:

$16.20 (grading fee minus 10% discount)

$5 (invoice fee)

$25.50 (USPS return shipping for 1 book with the minimum amount of insurance).

Total of $46.70.

Add in another $5 to actually ship the book to CGC and you're looking at above $50.

There are certainly ways you can lower the cost - 20% discount vs 10% discount, using either UPS or your own shipping account for the return shipping, dropping the book off at a show, etc - but no matter what, a single book submission is always going to be pricey.

woah..me too. linky please :)

Auction ends in 5 minutes. I'll give you the link in 6. lol

Actually, I don't know when it will go up but it will probably be through heroinitiative on ebay.

From what I am hearing they will be sold through eBay just like the FF sketches were just sold. Should go up sometime in March or April. We should make sure we are all not fighting for the same ones if possible otherwise these are gonna go for insane amounts. I want to get 2 or 3 of the 100 of them if possible. Can't wait to see all of them and who all the artists are that are on board.

Getting out while the show is peaking? Think it's going to drop? Curious why you are selling.

Show will have just as good ratings next year...with the ratings it saw this past quarter, ads will go up in cost and i am sure the budget will go up..bigger budget will probably mean cooler special effects and cooler stunts

plus wasnt there talk of a twd movie? or am i delirious?

Edited by Jerry S

Look at the prices. :gossip:

Show will have just as good ratings next year...with the ratings it saw this past quarter, ads will go up in cost and i am sure the budget will go up..bigger budget will probably mean cooler special effects and cooler stunts

plus wasnt there talk of a twd movie? or am i delirious?

So far AMC has been more interested in padding their pockets than increasing the budget. :(

If you sub at a Con, you avoid shipping at least one way. I usually sub about 10-20 when I do sub and it comes to about $25 or less. This is not fast tracking as I can live with waiting months.

If my grading is spot on at 9.8 and it's mostly been, then it saves me $$ rather than buying here.

You should also consider

B) going to another lcs that doesn't charge you $50 to grade one book. That's a ridiculous cost.

C) getting a sub with Beachbum for new WDs. Significantly cheaper than $50, fast tracked and other bonuses available.

Due to the CGC return shipping cost, the cost of slabbing a single book isn't that far from $50, actually.

$5 (invoice fee)

Total of $46.70.

Add in another $5 to actually ship the book to CGC and you're looking at above $50.

There are certainly ways you can lower the cost - 20% discount vs 10% discount, using either UPS or your own shipping account for the return shipping, dropping the book off at a show, etc - but no matter what, a single book submission is always going to be pricey.

Sure - but you were claiming that $50 was a ridiculous cost for a 1-book submission and it's not.

OA Question for all you guys with OA.

I see that you guys will frame the OA and then put the actually published page in the frame next to it. How do you get t hat published page? Do you rip it out of the actual comic (shudder) or rip it out of a TPB? Thanks for any help you OA guys can provide. I want to get my new page framed in that format but want to find the best / cheapest way to get the published piece to frame next to the OA.

OA Question for all you guys with OA.

I see that you guys will frame the OA and then put the actually published page in the frame next to it. How do you get t hat published page? Do you rip it out of the actual comic (shudder) or rip it out of a TPB? Thanks for any help you OA guys can provide. I want to get my new page framed in that format but want to find the best / cheapest way to get the published piece to frame next to the OA.

if i were to get mine framed, i would use the page from an original book.

Using a page from a TPB doesnt seem right to me, as its a reprint of what you want to represent in the first place.

You should also consider

$5 (invoice fee)

Total of $46.70.

Sure - but you were claiming that $50 was a ridiculous cost for a 1-book submission and it's not.

:sorry: I can't find a hat in hand icon. Will this suffice, sensei? :foryou:

You should also consider

$5 (invoice fee)

Total of $46.70.

:sorry: I can't find a hat in hand icon. Will this suffice, sensei? :foryou:

:lol:

It's all good, dude.

Just buy a extra issue copy and pull it out of that one. That's what I'm gonna do. Depends which issue it's from. If it's 52 and under then grab yourself a weekly.

I can't bring myself to destroy an actual issue. I will probably photo copy (difficult without damaging spine or pull one out of a TPB. Page size will not matter to much since I will have the staff at the framing shop build a custom matte.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I achieved my goal of winning best set on the registry and with all the variants I am done collecting Walking Dead and want to focus on OA :)