• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

the coffee stains kept it down! lol

Were they even that apparent? I didn't see them in the pictures..

Apparently TM poured coffee over quite a few pieces of his early TWD stuff as almost any page from issues 1 and 2 seems to have some problems..at least that is what I have taken from watching all the auctions / pages up..

Any other WD1/2 people out there confirm?

Also -- we might get lucky and see some high res scans of those 2 pieces in a little bit :hint:

Apparently TM poured coffee over quite a few pieces of his early TWD stuff as almost any page from issues 1 and 2 seems to have some problems..at least that is what I have taken from watching all the auctions / pages up..

Also -- we might get lucky and see some high res scans of those 2 pieces in a little bit :hint:

Hint Hint? Did you buy this piece Jerry? :news:

My Page #2 is coffee free :cloud9:

Now if only it was a good page :sorry:

Jim

My Page #2 is coffee free :cloud9:

Now if only it was a good page :sorry:

Jim

What about the corners? are they all crisp or is there a part that is slightly bent / uneven / almost ribbed..but not too bad

The #2 page I had was mint.

My page from issue #1 has no stains, and the corners are fine as well

Really? I am very surprised -- I have seen a bunch of pages from issue 1 and every one has had some pretty beat up corners..

As for the coffee stain - I remember Issue 1 Page 2 had some some coffee stains..I'm pretty sure my page 19 has some coffee stains as well on the back.

I guess its a matter of perspective though - here is a corner from 1 / 2 with coffee stains visible:

112312.png

Edited by Jerry S

I'm surprised no one has bought this page Any thoughts as to why it's still available? I like it

No main characters? Jesus could be killed in a few issues and be forgotten like Douglas.

Yeah anyone know the ne of the leader at Hilltop without looking it up?

My guess, Geoffrey (shrug)

Really? I am very surprised -- I have seen a bunch of pages from issue 1 and every one has had some pretty beat up corners..

As for the coffee stain - I remember Issue 1 Page 2 had some some coffee stains..I'm pretty sure my page 19 has some coffee stains as well on the back.

I guess its a matter of perspective though - here is a corner from 1 / 2 with coffee stains visible:

112312.png

Yeah, that coffee stain ruins it. You should just throw it away. I have a very nice trash can at my house that would be perfect for it. :)

Most pages from 1 or 2 dont have the stains.

I think the value of the TM art that recently sold was hurt because it was in two pieces. I dont think it was helped. Both pieces by themselves look incomplete. 2c

The #17 cover caught the worst of the epic coffee spill. I was originally offered that cover for $600, I believe. Thought about it for a while and when I went back to try to get it, it had been coffee'd. I think I offered to buy it anyway at a lower price, but they were thinking about getting it restored. Not sure if that ever happened.

Well at :luhv: least :luhv: I :luhv: know:luhv: Tony:luhv: likes :luhv: coffee....Cause:luhv: so:luhv: do:luhv: I....God:luhv: I love :luhv: coffee!!!!*

aww someone has a man-crush.

*emphasis may have been added by me.