• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

No.

There is no price difference.

CGC will never go the white/black notation.

Any 'incentive' to buy a black over a white (or vice-versa) is totally in the head of the buyer.

I was always a naysayer when it came to the black/white label debate, but i think it's pretty easy to see there are definitely more whites than blacks available for sale. If you could choose between 9.8 black or white, pretty certain that everyone would grab a black.

I'm only owning one and white MR is good for me!

What if the price cools down?

No sign of that happening any time soon. But if it does...i'll stick with what I have. I'm not paying for another copy because one has black lettering.

Oh and there is a poor quality trailer in Spanish that hints at some serious shizenhousen going down.

I'm not going to link it as it most definately DOES have S3 pt 2 spoilers!!

You can find it via IMDB if you want to.

I sold a 9.4 Black Label to pay for a 9.8 White Label. Grade trumps label color IMO. Seeing as how CGC doesn't recognize the difference and Kirkman himself cant confirm which is more rare, I don't really feel there is a huge difference in price or collectability. A #1 is a #1.

There are those who get all tingly when they hear the term "Black Label". I am just not that type of person.

When I first started collecting I admit, it peaked my curiosity enough to look into it, but after a lot of reading in to it, I wouldn't pay much more if anything for a black label.

I sold a 9.4 Black Label to pay for a 9.8 White Label. Grade trumps label color IMO. Seeing as how CGC doesn't recognize the difference and Kirkman himself cant confirm which is more rare, I don't really feel there is a huge difference in price or collectability. A #1 is a #1.

There are those who get all tingly when they hear the term "Black Label". I am just not that type of person.

When I first started collecting I admit, it peaked my curiosity enough to look into it, but after a lot of reading in to it, I wouldn't pay much more if anything for a black label.

People with white labels usually feel that way lol