• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Anyone here bidding on the TM pg thats been on ebay the last 2 weeks?

If only I had an unlimited amount of $$ :sorry:

Congrats on your Issue! It's cool that something like that will stay together.

I'm working on an issue my self... give me 20 years and I'll be in the club with you and the mysterious stranger that bought 100... :gossip:

lol

@ TBP. It's very simple math. Just average out each page. Walker page vs. Non-walker page will vary. Action vs. non-action and main character vs. non-main character. etc.... I have already done the math, and yes IMO it would exceed 10k.

i get that part of it ;)

i would also say there is a "you get to buy it all" "tax" lol

:popcorn:

Congrats on the 108 purchase of all the art. That's really quite amazing.

Will you be displaying it or will it be in a portfolio?

Anyone here bidding on the TM pg thats been on ebay the last 2 weeks?

It is a pretty sweet page. Lot of details and art packed into it. That's what I love about a lot of TM's pages. Lots of art per square inch. I'm not sure what the price would need to be but it's not unrealistic.

Early issue. Zombies. Tons of key characters. Rick in uniform with a gun, plus Tony/Kara literally control the market. I don't think it's worth 8k, but if you're in the market for a decent page, there won't be many that turn up that check off as many must haves you'd want in a page.

Usually if there is a "make an offer", the owner is willing to negotiate. Like I said, I don't know what the price would be but it isn't too unrealistic. I am figuring a 20% discount. $6400ish? Not sure though.

I'd rather have a kick Moore panel page than 80% of the Adlard covers out there. Adlard kick covers are few and far between but would probably be more desirable than this piece. I just don't know if you can get one of the best covers for less than 10k nowadays.

Personally, I'd rather take 8K and get a KICK cover from Adlard... Just my opinion.

Or 2 covers for that price. WD Cover>Mustache Lori

I'd hopefully aim high and try to snag a pre-48 cover. Know those are few and far between for that price, but you never know.

Just read TPB 17 (up to issue 102).

I officially drop the title.

I found it a bit boring and repetitive since issue 50-60, but I wonted to gie it a shot up to issue 100.

After reading it, I wish I dropped it at issue 50.

hey, it's not for everyone. if you bought the comics, you can get good money for them.

Agree that it's developing, but the storytelling has been good the past 15 or so issues. They really had to start developing characters again after issue 48, so it's almost like it restarted. I trust Kirkman.

At the very least, Adlard's art I think is been really strong even since issue 101. He's definitely kicked it up a notch, and there have been some nice pages lately.

Dont get me wrong 1-48 was awesome, but for me i feel after 48 is where the series picked up for me. moving to new places new people show up and different situations to be tackled. I personally like where its all been heading. Every month is new and exciting to see what will happen to rick and co. even if nothing happens at all. The gov was a great villain but alas he is long gone and dead. Negan right now is one of my favorites, cause you just dont know how f'd up he is. Sometimes he's very nice and reasonable other times not so much. Not too sure on this but i see Negan around for awhile.

fair enough. sorry, didnt mean to offend you

You didn't offend me no worries.......Now I wish I had gotten Issue 100. That would have been very cool. Its my understanding that whole issue was bought by someone. From reading older post here.... That person must be on cloud 9.

I asked 6 weeks ahead of #100 being released if I could buy the book in it's entireity, and was prepared to pay a grand a page. Had hopes and dreams of keeping it intact forever and in some museum or the like. Mark said he didn't know which way Charlie and him were going to sell the book and told me to watch the webpage to see what their plans were going to be for the book.

I'm so grateful every day that he never took me up on my offer. :cloud9:

I learned a valuable lesson, never to buy into the hype or purchase something sight unseen. It's a great book to have, but hindsight suggests it wouldn't have been worth the 30k I would have been into it for. I didn't even want the cover. :sorry:

Jim

fair enough. sorry, didnt mean to offend you

You didn't offend me no worries.......Now I wish I had gotten Issue 100. That would have been very cool. Its my understanding that whole issue was bought by someone. From reading older post here.... That person must be on cloud 9.

I asked 6 weeks ahead of #100 being released if I could buy the book in it's entireity, and was prepared to pay a grand a page. Had hopes and dreams of keeping it intact forever and in some museum or the like. Mark said he didn't know which way Charlie and him were going to sell the book and told me to watch the webpage to see what their plans were going to be for the book.

I'm so grateful every day that he never took me up on my offer. :cloud9:

I learned a valuable lesson, never to buy into the hype or purchase something sight unseen. It's a great book to have, but hindsight suggests it wouldn't have been worth the 30k I would have been into it for. I didn't even want the cover. :sorry:

Jim

Thanks for the advice. I wanted a walker page so bad for my collection, all the pages that were for sale via other outlets, were a little bit to high for my taste. So I waited and when 106 came out I had to jump on a walker page quick, before they all were taken. To me getting a good walker page with Rick under a $1000 is a good buy in my book. I haven't seen any walker pages up for grabs for a under a $1000 except on Marks site.

Pardon my ignorance but why is a walker page better than having a great page with Rick or other main characters?

If it's a walker getting shot by someone...I get it...but just to get walkers seems boring to me

Pardon my ignorance but why is a walker page better than having a great page with Rick or other main characters?

If it's a walker getting shot by someone...I get it...but just to get walkers seems boring to me

Maybe just the idea of TWD = zombie book?

But that theory's sort of been dispelled the last few years anyways. It's certainly a book about the people and their relationships (and survival as a community) much more than a zombie apolocalypse book now (which it sort of seemed like the first few years).

Anyways, I'm with you.... a walker getting mangled is a-okay but just a random walker? meh.

Because for a zombie comic book, good zombie pages are few and far between.

To each their own though, like I've said. In a series like this, it's easy for niches to develop; people who only want pages with certain characters/events/ only splashes (regardless of content), ect..

For me the name of the book is called THE WALKING DEAD. If it wasn't for walkers, then there wouldn't be a story. So it's only obvious if I am to collect art from a story like this I'd want the "main" theme in the art. i.e Spider-man page with no spider-man? Not for me.

Edited by retrothecollector