• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Dear Mr. James J.

Hi. I hope your having a wonderful day. I was wondering if you could possibly please refrain from bidding on the WD #100 Hero Blank that's listed on eBay. As to maybe give the little guys a shot at it, it would be so appreciated. :foryou:

Thank you for your time,

The little guys

P.S. If you ever decide you want to sell maybe just 1 of your 41 WD hero books, please feel free to PM me as I need would love to own 1 for my collection. Thanks again, the little guy.

:foryou::wishluck::foryou::wishluck:

:shy:

Retro... You gonna take a swing at this for real? Didn't the last blank jump to 900+ within the final days?

Also - would CGC grade this as a universal label? I heard someone say they won't grade them (don't know that this statement is true…just heard it…I can't imagine why they wouldn't, but anyway).

yeah… the last auction jumped crazy high at the last minute...

Dear Mr. James J.

Hi. I hope your having a wonderful day. I was wondering if you could possibly please refrain from bidding on the WD #100 Hero Blank that's listed on eBay. As to maybe give the little guys a shot at it, it would be so appreciated. :foryou:

Thank you for your time,

The little guys

P.S. If you ever decide you want to sell maybe just 1 of your 41 WD hero books, please feel free to PM me as I need would love to own 1 for my collection. Thanks again, the little guy.

:foryou::wishluck::foryou::wishluck:

:shy:

Retro... You gonna take a swing at this for real? Didn't the last blank jump to 900+ within the final days?

Hell yea I'm gonna take a crack at this.

Crack.

YES!!!!!

I don't see why they wouldn't. They did do it for the unsigned Lucille ones. The only thing i assume is that it wouldn't say signed/sketched for the hero initiative at the top.

That's fine. As long as it said #100 Hero Variant Blank signed and sketched by "whomever"

It should. Just not that end bit. :)

bXfnskg.jpg

I don't read many comics.......but is it normal for a comic that has a good following over many, many years not to have spin offs? The walking dead seems to have foundation for a spin off. Does it hurt the original story if it happens? What would the pros and cons be for something like this?

I think it is normal not to have spin offs if the comic is not from Marvel or DC. Look at comics likes Strangers in Paradise, Savage Dragon, Cerebus. I'm sure there are others. Occasionally you'll see a miniseries. Spawn had a lot of spin offs, though.

If WD was a Marvel book, you would have seen five spin offs by now. And six reboots to number one. lol

I don't read many comics.......but is it normal for a comic that has a good following over many, many years not to have spin offs? The walking dead seems to have foundation for a spin off. Does it hurt the original story if it happens? What would the pros and cons be for something like this?

I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been a spin-off of WD yet…

Maybe with all the #1 con variants (and sketch variants) and variant covers and 2nd (and 3rd) prints they figured they'd go easy on the completists... :wishluck:

Anyone going to image expo in January?

I'll be there :shy: . I am really hoping Joel Elad and Ryan (Beerthirty) will be there as well for some CGC witness action :wishluck: .

I think it is normal not to have spin offs if the comic is not from Marvel or DC. Look at comics likes Strangers in Paradise, Savage Dragon, Cerebus. I'm sure there are others. Occasionally you'll see a miniseries. Spawn had a lot of spin offs, though.

If WD was a Marvel book, you would have seen five spin offs by now. And six reboots to number one. lol

When All Out War was first announced in July I initially thought it was a spin off that would be running bi-monthly along side normal walking dead. :tonofbricks:

Edited by Colicab

I asked earlier if CGC would grade this, if someone sketched and was witnessed. Anyone else want to chime in.

I'm sure they would, but I wouldn't do it. The book is pretty rare unsketched. Slab it blue and sketch on 109s, IMO.

But would they blue label it if you subbed it unsigned? Sorry if this is a stupid questionthe logical answer would be yes, but with this book IDK...

CGC will not grade an unsigned copy as per the Hero Initiative. The H.I. states that these were never meant to be offered for sale. Any unsketched copies out there should not be, and the artists they went to were supposed to either do a sketch that was to be auctioned off, or a "just in case" you messed up your sketch you've got a backup. As a very strong supporter of the Hero Initiative I'm disappointed artists are selling off their extra copies 2c

Edited by Harley Troy

But would they blue label it if you subbed it unsigned? Sorry if this is a stupid questionthe logical answer would be yes, but with this book IDK...

CGC will not grade an unsigned copy as per the Hero Initiative. The H.I. states that these were never meant to be offered for sale. Any unsketched copies out there should not be, and the artists they went to were supposed to either do a sketch that was to be auctioned off, or a "just in case" you messed up your sketch you've got a backup. As a very strong supporter of the Hero Initiative I'm disappointed artists are selling off their extra copies 2c

Interesting. I hadn't heard that - good to know!