• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

9.9 is now up for $7,500. I think this'll probably sell off eBay, but I actually don't think it's a horrible price. They're just a year too late. Good luck to the seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ORIGINAL-2003-WALKING-DEAD-1-CGC-9-9-MINT-UNRESTORED-WOW-WHITE-LABEL-/261359726167?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cda40ee57

It's the "rare" "white label" version. How many other people are tired of hearing this aside from me? Who cares??? It's a WD 1. That's all that should matter.

On that same topic, has there ever been any conclusive decision as to which of the two versions is more rare? The black or white label, I mean. I seem to see the white label up for sale on eBay more often...

Sorry if this has been discussed to death…I read about it on a thread forever ago but don't remember what forum/which thread...

Black label is less common. I wouldn't use the word rare.

It brings a slight premium...maybe an extra $100-$200. That's it.

Personally I didn't care which copy I owned.

Good point. Only "rarer" than the white label.

So I was thinking. If the Hero Blank Books were stolen, wouldn't that mean the people who own them would be in possession of stolen property. Couldn't CGC confiscate them and return them to their rightful owner? I'm confused

We're they really stolen, though? From previous posts, it seems like artists were given multiple copies, in case they messed up.