• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Should I buy a dead book on my birthday? Yes/no/howisthisevenaquestion???

Inquiring minds (mine) would like to know!!!

No.....some OA on your b day.

HBD. :banana:

SplashPage has had another round of increases so OA is getting pricier at source. Plus the nicer ebay pages have strong competition huh James? :baiting:

There are still quite a few in the $225 - $250 range that I really like but they cost way more than most TWD 9.8's. However, /stalkermodeon a quick look at the sets Ryan has shows he isn't shy about buying books. $250+ is a good chunk to put back towards saving for an #1 but they are trending slightly downwards... not the best time to buy? Maybe OA isn't such a bad choice :P

It's just that you don't get anything striking at the lower end now. One average page with talking heads doesn't really represent a good snapshot of what TWD is or a memorable moment. Just about the only thing slightly unusual would be say this:

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=25691&ArtistId=84&Details=0&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

Walking%20Dead%20Iss%20106%20pg%2017.jpg

... and only because #'106 also features in "The Art of Charlie Adlard"

CQHRJw7.png

I think we know someone else who has a page from that issue ;)

9UD0kPJ.png

:P

edit: ofc HBD as well

Edited by Garf