• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

About the last page...

b)Rick used and infected knife and wants Negans death to be a slow burn.

Not to mention he's surrounded by Saviors. In issue 100, when Negan had Ricks group on their knees, he said this:

original.jpg

Soooo if Rick didn't make a move in 100 because of the Saviors, what makes this situation different?

This is what I think.

Whats' different this time is

Michonne, Jesus, ect ready to attack all the Saviors looking at Rick.

This leads to my theory that

Michonne, Jesus - or both - will die next issue.

About the last page...

Not to mention he's surrounded by Saviors. In issue 100, when Negan had Ricks group on their knees, he said this:

original.jpg

Soooo if Rick didn't make a move in 100 because of the Saviors, what makes this situation different?

This is what I think.

I've considered this as well, but the thing with that is...

Michonne and Jesus seem to be hundreds of feet away where as the the Saviors are 3 feet away and all armed. How could Michonne and Jesus possibly get to Rick before one of the Saviors pulls the trigger?

About the last page...

original.jpg

This is what I think.

I've considered this as well, but the thing with that is...

Michonne and Jesus seem to be hundreds of feet away where as the the Saviors are 3 feet away and all armed. How could Michonne and Jesus possibly get to Rick before one of the Saviors pulls the trigger?

I'm thinking a lot of the Saviors secretly hate Negan; they may not care to attack Rick for slitting his throat and will probably just stand in shock and awe. By the time they react, Rick's crew will have them in checkmate, so they will either surrender or a carp load of people will die in 126, including possibly Rick, Michonne or Paul.

This is not a GoT penultimate issue that is for sure. I think Robby is setting us up for a mind *spoon*...No idea what is going to happen in 126 I just hope it doesn't get spoiled like 125 did...

Some thoughts about the events of issue 125 and what's to come in 126:

1) If Rick intended to kill Negan, then actually thrusting the blade into his throat would seem to make more sense than the slash that he did. Quicker than swinging your arm in a wide arc and harder for Negan to block (which he could easily have done if he'd reflexively thrown out an arm to protect himself).

2) On the other hand, if Rick intended to infect him, it would have been a lot more sensible to stab him in the stomach, rather than going for his throat. Again, a lot higher percentage - less chance of Negan rocking back and having the throat slash miss entirely.

3) It does NOT seem likely to me that Rick is willing to lay down his life for the sake of killing Negan. If he thought that losing Negan would make the Saviors lose heart and surrender, why didn't he just get Andrea to take him out from the wall?

4) So there must be some kind or plan - or at least an outcome that he's hoping for. Possibly Dwight has spoken to the other Saviors and got them onside (although Rick has no way of knowing this). Possibly it's a huge gamble on Rick's part that he can alpha-male them all into doing what HE wants (since they've shown themselves willing to follow a dominant character).

5) My hope for this series would be that things are tied off in 126, but with certain things (in particular what ultimately happens to both Rick and Negan) remaining ambiguous, and that 127 is set say 5 years in the future. Some of the old characters remain, some don't, and we find out over the next couple of years of the books a little bit about what happened. Not too much uneccesary exposition, just things gradually coming out of the woodwork. That would allow Carl to come front and centre (I don't care what people say, a little kid leading a group of adults is NOT realistic), and for lots of new characters to be introduced without another contrived "oh look, here's another community and another ready-made antagonist" set up.

I wonder what ever happened to the Gov kissing splash.

Last time I looked the seller want like $5000.00 or something like that.

It's on sale right now on eBay UK - LINK.

Looks like the seller (assuming it's the same guy) still wants the same amount. £3000 is just over $5k at today's rates.

I thought about the same thing with Negan, but people who have absolute power, tend to drop their guard when they feel they are in control of a situation. Being a former cop, Rick knows how different people react in standoff situations, and he kept inching closer with each word of his speech to Negan to achieve his goal. I can't wait to see what happens next.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

So after some back and forth with Mark. I am pleased to present my first WD cover.

I am so happy with this purchase. Rick, Andrea, Maggie, Negan, and Kal. 4 Major characters. Very pleased with the large art and that it's all done by Adlard. What's cool is it's kinda what's going on in 125 even though it's 124 cover, minus Kal. Anyways here ya go. Thanks Mark for working with me and making this happen.

photo_zpsabc1861b.jpg

WD124Cover_zpsa41c013b.jpg

Awesome bro!!! Congrats

About the last page...

It looks like Rick barely cut Negan. In fact, it looks more like Rick dipped the knife in paint and flicked the paint at Negan.

that means that either:

a) Negan has just a scratch and won't die or

I'm also feeling more that Rick may die next issue. The fact that so much emphasis was put on Rick not having the fever makes me think he might actually be doomed.

original.jpg

Either Kirkman is cooking up the biggest mind-eff we've ever experienced, or he's lost his touch.

As was previously mentioned, maybe 126 is the revenge issue. So I'm guessing Rick's speech was to win over Negan's men after Negan was dealt with

About the last page...

It looks like Rick barely cut Negan. In fact, it looks more like Rick dipped the knife in paint and flicked the paint at Negan.

that means that either:

a) Negan has just a scratch and won't die or

I'm also feeling more that Rick may die next issue. The fact that so much emphasis was put on Rick not having the fever makes me think he might actually be doomed.

original.jpg

Either Kirkman is cooking up the biggest mind-eff we've ever experienced, or he's lost his touch.

One word. Carl.

Last couple pages seemed a bit silly and out of character for Negan

I agree. I thought Negan was stringing him along, just to do what Rick ended up doing to him! lol But, like Rick said, Negan is kinda dumb.

Last couple pages seemed a bit silly and out of character for Negan

I agree. I thought Negan was stringing him along, just to do what Rick ended up doing to him! lol But, like Rick said, Negan is kinda dumb.

When I was reading the end I thought Negan was just messing with him. I was waiting for him to snap on Rick. Thinking it came down to à mind F on both their parts