• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I don't care about spoilers before I read the issue as I still read it every Wednesday as I have since the #30s. But let me just make sure I have the events of this issue straight:

So the cut to Negan's throat was not fatal. Was it just a nick? And instead of finishing him off, he now joins the team so that he can be a potential threat 20 issues down the road?

Well, that was

lame. No deaths, now everyone's one the same side and gonna sing cumbaya? At least Negan's alive, but no way in Hell is he gonna "rot in jail." He'll be back and take someone out.

I'm out. Replaced from my pull list today with Southern Bastards. It was painful having to read the entirety of AOW and I don't really have hope that Kirkman can make the book enjoyable for me any time soon. Needs a hungry new writer on it with some good ideas, because I don't think Kirkman is putting much effort into this.

I'm out. Replaced from my pull list today with Southern Bastards. It was painful having to read the entirety of AOW and I don't really have hope that Kirkman can make the book enjoyable for me any time soon. Needs a hungry new writer on it with some good ideas, because I don't think Kirkman is putting much effort into this.

Similarly, I dropped Batman after the non-eventful "Death Of The Family" arc. But I'm still gonna buy WD to see where it ends up

are you guys serious? Dropping WD because of one book?

It's not after one book, it's being dropped after one Arc.

I personally think Kirkman isn't putting much care into this as before.

Granted he has a lot more on his plate but you have to remember what got you there. He should have taken his time writing this arc out even if it took one issue a month.

The way this shi* ended was pathetic.

All Kirkman cares about now is $$$$

I'm sure as I finished writing this comment, another 20 different #1 variants have been created.

Similarly, I dropped Batman after the non-eventful "Death Of The Family" arc. But I'm still gonna buy WD to see where it ends up

There was at least some semblance of an ending with that.

To me, the most unbelievable part was Maggie and her comments. I had to re-read it. Couldn't believe she said that.

Of everyone the group, I remember him being the most tolerant. While I agree that I dont think that is something Maggie would say, I don't have a hard time imagining him saying that. Or maybe its been a while since I've interacted with the comic version of him. The TV version would say that.

To me, the most unbelievable part was Maggie and her comments. I had to re-read it. Couldn't believe she said that.

Of everyone the group, I remember him being the most tolerant. While I agree that I dont think that is something Maggie would say, I don't have a hard time imagining him saying that. Or maybe its been a while since I've interacted with the comic version of him. The TV version would say that.

I just don't understand how you say something like that after something like this happened (shrug)

Photo4.png

My thoughts on the issue:

On one hand, I'm glad Negan is still alive. He brings a lot of tension and drama to the story, and is very unique and interesting to me.

However, I don't think the story lived up to the hype . . . and I think that may be everyone's problem with it. AOW was hyped up a lot, they switched to double shipping every other month, so it feels like the payoff should have been bigger. Not necesarrily deaths, because that seems like a cheap fix.

If it hadn't been hyped so much, then I feel the ending would have been fine.

I just don't understand how you say something like that after something like this happened (shrug)

Photo4.png

That's what I am saying . . . I don't think Maggie would ever say that. I think he would be okay with the idea of forgiving a murder, under the idea of forging a new community.

However, after looking at your image in the spoiler . . . I'm reminded of the rage and sorrow I felt, and cannot imagine him feeling that way about anyone who did that to another person.