• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

While that is an awesome cover, I can think of soooo many better things to put $15,000 - $20,000 toward. Seriously…and I'm a huge WD fan!

I guess if you've got the money to burn then it's worth it…I'd rather buy a decently used classic muscle car…or a boat…or a year of college tuition…or a snow leopard.

Imagine buying yourself your own tiger and naming it Shiva…that would cost around that amount (or less, I would think). Two shivas, even! :sumo:

Edited by Sensei Ryan

Call It a stupid question I am sure no one can be certain but do you think issue #53 has peeked in price ?

If only reliant on the comic book and future of the characters, it is the 1st Appearance of

Abraham Ford

Rosita Espinosa

and

Eugene Porter

And although Abraham was a strong character and part of the potentially pinnacle era of the story arcs, before he was eliminated, he's still a memorable character.

I think the comic itself may have peaked.

But, since it seems a lot of fans put a lot of faith and stock into the media be it TV or movies and characters 1st appearances, there's room for increased popularity, demand and value.

I think the character of Abraham could be one of the most popular depending on how he's written for actor Michael Cudlitz on the TV show, and since Kirkman said the TV show and the Comic Book don't necessarily parallel each other, Abraham isn't necessarily destined to be written off.

I think actress Christian Serratos who portrays Rosita on the TV series has the potential to be the most attractive girl in the cast and inherently a huge fan favorite, elevating the popularity of the comic book character.

I think Eugene is going to be a bigger role character in the comic than initially seen as an afterthought. He's also featured in the TV show, portrayed by Josh McDermitt.

So, that issue has 3 characters in the comic and TV show, but I think it's probably priced on speculation and potential already, so the thing to go for for The Walking Dead would probably be the "one of a kind" original artwork more so than the heavily produced comic books with large print runs.

It's actually a memorable cover, very sweet, features Lori, etc-- but for $20K, EVEN if it's pre-48, I'd expect a zombie (and a good zombie) on it.

I think the best thing this guy will get is an offer outside of ebay for a fraction of what he's looking for, and then he'll sell both for around $8,500. Best of luck to the seller, but he's not getting 15K. Or even 10K.

It's actually a memorable cover, very sweet, features Lori, etc-- but for $20K, EVEN if it's pre-48, I'd expect a zombie (and a good zombie) on it.

I think the best thing this guy will get is an offer outside of ebay for a fraction of what he's looking for, and then he'll sell both for around $8,500. Best of luck to the seller, but he's not getting 15K. Or even 10K.

I need to look back in time........I did make an offer to the seller when he had it listed before. Its not the covers first go around.

I need to look back in time........I did make an offer to the seller when he had it listed before. Its not the covers first go around.

Definitely. Not a bad cover at all-- and getting and unpublished one with it is pretty cool. Not many Lori covers, too. He's just not going to get what he expects because the market at that level would rather spend 20K for something much, much better.

I agree 100%................BTW there was an auction coming up with that street artist you like.......forget his name.Think this coming Fri, it was on AOL news.

Sorry about :signofftopic: but want to say something before I forget.

Looks like Doug got himself an awesome Tony Moore commission!

Doug has some killer TM commissions......... :cloud9:

How is TM handeling commissions nowadays? I remember having to win an ebay auction before a con if you wanted a commission; is that still the way? Edited by Carl Elvis

Looks like Doug got himself an awesome Tony Moore commission!

Doug has some killer TM commissions......... :cloud9:

How is TM handeling commissions nowadays? I remember having to win an ebay auction before a con if you wanted a commission; is that still the way?

Not sure how he does it.....sorry.

I have yet to get one direct from him.

Cool to see the unpublished cover to 37. I kind of like it better than the published.

HAPPY BDAY :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks James!

Ya bud! Happy Burfday!

Woot! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

That covers cool, but ya $20k? No thanks. I can buy 2 more covers and still have some money left to pay off my car. hmlol (If I had it)

Banksy is the artist name and he is awesome!

Exit through the gift shop was such an amazing doc.