• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I wore that shirt at the booth at SDCC and had lots of compliments. Reminds me of a spaghetti western type image…

What kind of fabric is the shirt made out of? I know it is an odd question, but a lot of black shirts just end up covered in dog hair in my house…

Doh the midtown link is all sold out…

Edited by Chris S.

I wore that shirt at the booth at SDCC and had lots of compliments. Reminds me of a spaghetti western type image…

What kind of fabric is the shirt made out of? I know it is an odd question, but a lot of black shirts just end up covered in dog hair in my house…

It's not sold out. It's just not available till after NYCC :baiting: 10/29/2014

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=WALKING+DEAD+ANDREA+T%2FS+X_1370355

Trust me I will get one.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=WALKING+DEAD+ANDREA+T%2FS+X_1370355

Trust me I will get one.

We'll also have them at our NYCC booth.

-shawn

Trust me I will get one.

-shawn

I want one too! Andrea is a bada$$ and so :cloud9: Shawn do they only come in women's sizes?

Trust me I will get one.

-shawn

YES SHAWN!!!! I knew it !!!! Thank you bro so much for the confirmation!!!

I want one too! Andrea is a bada$$ and so :cloud9: Shawn do they only come in women's sizes?

No they come in both men and women sizes, it says it on the midtown site. Also jonjesper was wearing one and I don't think he'd wear a woman's shirt. hm

I wore that shirt at the booth at SDCC and had lots of compliments. Reminds me of a spaghetti western type image...

Trust me I will get one.

-shawn

YES SHAWN!!!! I knew it !!!! Thank you bro so much for the confirmation!!!

I think this is the first confirmation that Walking Dead will be represented at NYCC.

No they come in both men and women sizes, it says it on the midtown site. Also jonjesper was wearing one and I don't think he'd wear a woman's shirt. hm

I wore that shirt at the booth at SDCC and had lots of compliments. Reminds me of a spaghetti western type image...

Jespersen is fit and small enough that he might be able to wear a women's XL / XXL... lol

Thanks, Ryan! I missed that info on the Midtown website. The link that was shared is for women's sizes, which is why I was wondering... (thumbs u

Trust me I will get one.

-shawn

We have both mens and womens sizes/cuts.

-shawn

This was posted on the WD website about the theories of the voices that where heard by Zac. Now I believe theory #3. I must go back and re-read #119. Check it out below.

Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I've made a discussion post. The last few issues have been jam packed with content it's been hard to pick a subject. But last month's Issue # 130 provided us with one of the most interesting plot twists in quite awhile. For those of you who read know what I'm talking about, Ken and Marco were hiding in a ditch from an oncoming heard of walkers and voices came from somewhere inside the herd. It's been a few weeks now and I wanted to share a few of my theories on who or what those voices are coming from.

Theory 1. Voices coming from survivors.

This is in my opinion an unfulfilling one, nothing new here. We have been meeting new survivors for the last hundred and thirty issues. It's only a matter of if this stealthy group is friendly or hostile. It's possible they are using the same "guts" method Rick and Glenn used,Michonne's cleaver shackle and chains, or something we haven't seen yet to blend in.

Theory 2. Marco was Hallucinating.

Marco and Ken have had one hell of a ride in the last few issues. Marco has been taking care of a wounded Ken for days. And towards the end was carrying him as they walked back to the Hilltop. They probably have ran out of food and water, it's likely Marco and Ken were dehydrated and beyond tired. The voices are probably figments of Marcos imagination in his weakened state, It's unclear if Ken heard the voices too.

Theory 3. It's the real thing.

The dead have somehow evolved, they are speaking and thinking. This would be a very interesting and ironic event because of the walkers being demoted as the least threatening compared to villainous survivors. Considered "manageable" perhaps all along the dead have been watching, waiting. Allowing the living to kill and weaken themselves allowing them to advance. This theory was mentioned by Jesus back in issue # 119, and quickly dismissed by Rick.

Now I've spoken to the good folks at SKYBOUND and they are keeping their lips sealed on this development so my theories are as good as anybody's. Please share with us your thoughts on this and who you think is talking within the dead. - Zac

I think theory #3 is needed to give the book enough legs to last another 10-years. Kirkman has done a good job with talking zombies during his marvel run so I'm not worried.

Anyone have a pic of the page from #119 where Jesus mentions this ?

I think, if it's done right, it could certainly help keep interest for many readers, while obviously turning some readers off. Can't please everyone.

Personally, whenever I think this series has gotten close to becoming stale, Kirkman throws a curve ball and keeps me interested. I've yet to read a series other than this that has been this long and has kept my attention pretty much the whole time.

On a different note..

This page just came in:

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1158697

Now at the exact half way mark of completing issue #48! :banana:

I think theory #3 is needed to give the book enough legs to last another 10-years. Kirkman has done a good job with talking zombies during his marvel run so I'm not worried.

Anyone have a pic of the page from #119 where Jesus mentions this ?

I think, if it's done right, it could certainly help keep interest for many readers, while obviously turning some readers off. Can't please everyone.

Personally, whenever I think this series has gotten close to becoming stale, Kirkman throws a curve ball and keeps me interested. I've yet to read a series other than this that has been this long and has kept my attention pretty much the whole time.

On a different note..

This page just came in:

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1158697

Now at the exact half way mark of completing issue #48! :banana:

Bro so nice!!! Congrats!

Kirkman and Adlard have made it a point to have the zombies show rotting as the series has progressed. If TWD is going to go the "talking zombie" route, it would only make sense that recently turned zombies have the ability to speak because of vocal cords being necessary and all that.

What if they are infected people who have a small resistance to the virus and instead of dying and turning, remain alive in a state between human and zombie?

Kirkman and Adlard have made it a point to have the zombies show rotting as the series has progressed. If TWD is going to go the "talking zombie" route, it would only make sense that recently turned zombies have the ability to speak because of vocal cords being necessary and all that.

What if they are infected people who have a small resistance to the virus and instead of dying and turning, remain alive in a state between human and zombie?

I'd much prefer the introduction of strong characters or development of existing ones than something like talking zombies. A stretch too far considering they are in a universe where zombies are currently dumb, have always been dumb and will try to kill the nearest living thing, even next of kin (that has been seen countless times). It requires you to further suspend disbelief if enough of the zombies are to be considered intelligent.

Theory #1. Has to be humans disguised as zombies.

- Kirkman will throw a curveball making people think there are talking zombies but I reckon nobody will be able to hang around long enough to find out for sure the next time we encounter it.

- Humans able to walk with a herd can gather intel or even potentially let a herd in by taking out defences or picking a lock is a pretty deadly scenario. Perhaps when the Survivors are occupied with something like a celebration.

- The celebration is a perfect distraction for said disguised lock picker to be able to bust Negan out, even if they only manage to sneak past people and the herd isn't involved. That's what everyone is waiting for right?

At the moment we are still seeing the entire story being told from the side of the survivors, It's a safe bet that there are still quite a few saviors left that hate them out there. Why wouldn't they?

I have said this in the past, this is a good theory too. A slight resistance to the virus would be a good turning point. Considering the look on Jesus' face when he's looking at what we all think is a zombie. Plus if they have a "chance" then Rick can finally feel a little bit more confident that the world he is trying to get back to will happen. hm