• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

This is the 3rd time I've won this page. Just frustrating that this seller keeps the reserve so high on a price that clearly via auction isn't commanding much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301283444393?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I don't even waste my time.........I feel you pain, its happen to me on a few.

You would think the seller would contact you and see if its workable (shrug)

This is the 3rd time I've won this page. Just frustrating that this seller keeps the reserve so high on a price that clearly via auction isn't commanding much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301283444393?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

+1

I'd send him a message through eBay - otherwise, stop bidding on his reserve auctions. He might be more willing to be reasonable if he sees interest steadily decline with each relist.

+1

I'd send him a message through eBay - otherwise, stop bidding on his reserve auctions. He might be more willing to be reasonable if he sees interest steadily decline with each relist.

I've done this twice after the last two auctions. Way ahead of you guys.

+1

I've done this twice after the last two auctions. Way ahead of you guys.

No your not........look behind you, I'm closing the gap....... lol

:jokealert:

Nice James!!

retro .......love the run you put together (thumbs u

Thanks James. I actually do like what I put together to, I just want see if I can find a big enough frame and page 19 :(

But anyways, about that art, walking dead pages aren't worth what they used to be unless it's from issues 1-6 lol Or maybe it's just like this between seasons, god I'd hate to see what pages will command when the series is over. Back to what they were before the series started? (shrug) Long time art collectors want to chime in. Cause I honestly feel it in my bones.

Nice James!!

Thanks James. I actually do like what I put together to, I just want see if I can find a big enough frame and page 19 :(

But anyways, about that art, walking dead pages aren't worth what they used to be unless it's from issues 1-6 lol Or maybe it's just like this between seasons, god I'd hate to see what pages will command when the series is over. Back to what they were before the series started? (shrug) Long time art collectors want to chime in. Cause I honestly feel it in my bones.

I hope so..........then I can buy a lot more :wishluck:

But really I understand where your coming from. If I were to sell pages now, I don't think I would get what I paid for them. For me Its long term and I buy it because I love the book. Kirkman and Adlard have done a great job.Does everyone want their collection going up in value? Sure but most modern OA will be on the short end of the stick IMO........ thats why you need to ask yourself why are you collecting it.

Nice James!!

But really I understand where your coming from. If I were to sell pages now, I don't think I would get what I paid for them. For me Its long term and I buy it because I love the book. Kirkman and Adlard have done a great job.Does everyone want their collection going up in value? Sure but most modern OA will be on the short end of the stick IMO........ thats why you need to ask yourself why are you collecting it.

I totally understand to. That's why I have slowed down my OA purchases, actually I have slowed down a lot on everything.

Nice James!!

I totally understand to. That's why I have slowed down my OA purchases, actually I have slowed down a lot on everything.

I think it's as simple as demand catching up with supply, plus the new inker. OA is better than ever, but also more readily available. Also, hate to say it, but the story is just too average compared to 1-48. Seems easy but that's my take.

Nice James!!

You should dig around in the OA forum for the Walking Dead OA thread and ask this question. Wrong place buddy, it might be the official thread but long term OA collectors are that-a-way. In fact here you go...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5800577&fpart=34

It's true that some of the initial shine has now become dull over time, and it's only natural that you feel it's on its way down. TWD doesn't have an end in sight and it had a very strong opening that's going to be tough to match. Your expectation was set years ago. I think everyone is wondering where it will go from here and plenty are not seeing a return to that form. Has everything been done that can be done with zombies? Probably. Has everyone already been as shockingly horrible as they can be to each other? Probably. Is "not" killing someone at the end of AoW as shocking as previous flash points? Probably not. Can TWD remain just being a book about survival at any cost without repeating the same stuff over and over again? Probably not. IMHO it's never truly going to be as good as the first 48. Chances are most people are going to stick it out and carry on reading because it's still very much a fun book and there's plenty of chance we will see something else great in it in the future.

As for the art what you are saying may be true short term, longer term for some of the more recent pages, but it is also very short sighted. With 132 Moore pages done and a fair amount still being held by the artist everyone including yourself agrees that they are going to be a hard find for anyone. That leaves 924 Adlard pages up to 48 (614 large art). Let's call it 1000 pages from both artists accounting for DPSs. That isn't a massive amount to go around for something that has often been described as a perfect storm. Pretty collectible.

IMHO your average recent page may not stand the same chance of holding or appreciating in years to come, you have to factor in that they are already pretty pricey from source before they even get to the secondary market now. That's fine, why would anyone want to leave money on the table?

If it carries on for another 9 years then there is likely to be plenty enough average pages to go around. At the end of the day it's not just the first 48 issues that TWD has to live up to but it also has to live up to its own hype!

Personally speaking I don't see that there is a reason to be worried about pages coming down in price, especially on the secondary market. I'm with James J on this one ;) Collect what you enjoy and the rest of the world can go whistle. I have only ever let one page go that I have bought and that was only because it's not allowed up on the wall due to having young and impressionable daughters in the house. That's fine, and I have become a lot more mindful of this.

I never found anything extra special about the first 48 issues. With exception to the Tony Moore issues and a few other key moments.

I think Adlard's artwork has improved with an inker. Issue 127 and other more recent issues have had some of his best artwork to date. In fact I'm debating about buying another page.

Curious to see what the near future brings when Negan gets out. :devil:

And wow James, love that 9.9 sketch. Samurai Jesus=awesome :cloud9:

Edited by Rip