• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I'm looking for print editions 4,6,7,8,9 of Vol.1 Days Gone Bye PBT.

:foryou:

Thanks for any help.

James I've got a forth printing if your still looking

Thanks.........I found that one and now need 7,8, and 9.

It kind of came to a halt last week. So many on ebay and 90% don't list the printing :frustrated: So many emails went out lol

Ebay said I hit my max on msgs in one day :)

How much does it cost?

Do you get information about the commissions before the Con?

I have never done one before. But I plan on it.

If you live in the states, then you'll have to watch out for his convention dates as Charlie Adlard lives in the UK. If you live in the UK then you'll have an easier time.

The sketches are about $300 and you'll have to go through his art rep Mark Hay @ splashpage.com.

They also have drawings for chances to get a sketch, as not everyone will get one. Well at least that's what I experienced. I'm sure it's the same at all the cons he attends in the USA.

Good luck buddy & WTTB (welcome to the boards)

;)

How much does it cost?

Do you get information about the commissions before the Con?

I have never done one before. But I plan on it.

Charlie doesn't have time for commissions and doesn't have a list before cons regardless of location. In the UK he sometimes does more detailed sketches if it's a 2 day con and he is sketching for most of the day but they are first come first served and more pricey. Only does about 3 of those if they are available.

Quick sketches or remarks are very affordable.

If it's the USA then from what I have seen online he doesn't do many quick sketches but might remark a book for you. If you are considering the $300 range then you can get a published page for that amount from splashpage which will generally be better.

Btw quick sketches are considerably cheaper in the UK. I have gotten some for boardies before but you do miss out on meeting the artist. I am not prolific at attending cons over here, only go to 2 - 3 a year.

If you are interested in getting a simple sketch done for you that is perhaps only a headshot or bust then I recommend Mal who attends many many cons over here and probably will see Charlie next at LSCC. Sling Mal a message perhaps?

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=218376101703553

If you want to know if Charlie is doing any detailed sketches at LSCC (which he did last year) then message Charlie direct on Facebook. If he has time he does respond.

For a Christmas/birthday present for myself I bought 3 WD keys, #2 (1st Lori and Carl), 6 (death of Shane) and 7 (1st Tyreese; Lori reveals she’s pregnant). With my end of year bonus I decided to splurge on 9.8s. I picked them up from a boardie here who was looking to sell his WD collection.

I arrived late to the WD scene so I’m having to buy mostly graded copies of the early issues (other than #19 – 1st Michonne – that I bought raw from another boardie last summer; I’m hoping to get Danai Gurira’s signature before submitting to CGC).

In my journal I've written down my thoughts on the Walking Dead comic market. Here it is if you're interested. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7287580&fpart=32

Thanks for reading and have a great New Year!

WalkingDead2CGC98original850_zpsec029ce8.jpg

Remember that time Bernie was missing, and he came back with all those bug bites.

Where were ya Burns? We all asked.

He fell asleep in the woods by an any farm. lol

I really miss the big guy.