• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

These books are free IIRC........well I mean you get one with a ticket. I have never been to a Wizard show. Do they sell them there as well? I would think that Wizard would have a booth and have these for sale.Anyone know?

I can't speak for other WW shows, but at NYC it was one per ticket holder. Some dealers/resellers were selling them, however I'm not sure how they managed to get multiple copies, but I do remember a couple of exhibitors offering to buy them as people walked in to the venue.

Usually at every wizard world show skyboun/image has a booth where they sell these variants from. Usually $10 a piece at the booth from what I hear. Had a buddy pick me up the ECCC issues this past year and was able to buy me a few. You'll start seeing presales on eBay soon for $40-50 each lol

Man this sucks.....

Barnes & Noble confirmed my preorder in Nov. and sent me a delayed shipment email on Dec 28. Then today I get the cancellation email because they can't fill my order :sorry:

Really......they had no ideal how many they were getting?What a waste of time for me.

The book was The Walking Dead Omnibus, Volume 5 signed limited edition.

B&N you suck :cry:

The amount of annual WD #1's is getting obnoxious. Anyone who wants to read it for the first time can buy the TPB or the Image First edition they release every year.

If they want to attract new buyers for the monthly series, they should do the Wizardworld variant of whichever current issue is out at the time of each show

I gotta admit that's a pretty bad@$$ cover

Are you being forced to buy it?

I agree with you that no one is forcing a collector to buy them..... It does not make it any less painful knowing this when your a big fan and/or collector of the Walking Dead.When you do the math all these variants and their B&W versions are going to sting.

For the people who want the best price.......wait,wait,wait. I'm sure they will be heavily subbed. Plenty of raws will be for sale too. Just go back and look at the last variants from Wizard World. I have not checked but I'm sure they have come down.

Its a nice SS copy and the seller has every right to sell for what ever he would like.If people buy them, the price will hold until more competition comes..BUT there is no way the prices on the blues will not come down from the first to market prices. Wait,wait,wait ;)

For people that can't wait,like me..........I use Dre and he is a great guy.....always has taken care of me.Its not worth my trouble to fly to all these shows to get the books lol .... using a sub service if you want them right away may be a better option.

But any way you get them.......its going to leave a mark. Just to many...... :sorry: