• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

You're not wrong Chuck, at least not if we believe the statement made by Infinity UK:

"Possibly the rarest Walking Dead comic in existence.

This issue was printed but never officially released by Image Comics. This issue may be limited to just 25 in the world making it the rarest Walking Dead comic in print."

TWD #116 Third Printing.

They were able to get the copies directly through Charlie Adlard; Infinity is his LCS.

I'm sure they only printed 25...

lol

What I don't get is why they never solicited them. The completionist in me is dying to buy this book. But as soon as I end up getting my hands on a copy it'll get solicited and I'll be out stupid money.

Does anyone else find it oddly coincidental that only this store received these copies? There's no way I believe that no store in the US solicited this book. As we all know now it's a relatively insignificant issue but at the time it was overhyped so I can't believe no LCS wanted it other than this one. Seems strange, IMO. Also, it was (IMO) totally unnecessary to have a 3rd print of this book.

I'm sure they only printed 25...

lol

What I don't get is why they never solicited them. The completionist in me is dying to buy this book. But as soon as I end up getting my hands on a copy it'll get solicited and I'll be out stupid money.

I just like hearing the stories behind the books. Makes it fun, its like the grape vine...... lol

By the time it gets to us it way out of wack......

At the very least it's fun to think about and odds are they are semi-correct that only 25 have MADE their way to market.

Amazing Spiderman had a similar book 'O' cover that was dumped and comic retailers or whomever were pulling them out of Marvels trash. The book was never distributed through normal channels but is available. I'm sure this will be the same case.

Would I like to own one? Yes. Is it worth that much? No.

But all it takes is one buyer to set a market.

James stay away lol

Love and peace to all of you!

outside of #1 in CGC 9.8 - are there any other WD books that steadily sell above $1000?

No-- the closest is #2, which in 9.8 hits $800+ depending on what time of year it is. Even #1's in certain grades below 9.4 don't hit $1K if it's slow season. We're heading into slow season, so time to sell, gents.

outside of #1 in CGC 9.8 - are there any other WD books that steadily sell above $1000?

No-- the closest is #2, which in 9.8 hits $800+ depending on what time of year it is. Even #1's in certain grades below 9.4 don't hit $1K if it's slow season. We're heading into slow season, so time to sell, gents.

Buy high, sell low? Why is the slow season time to sell?