• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

You know what's crazy?

There's not 1 WD #2 9.8 anywhere for sale.

:cry:

2nd print yes... first print nope :(

im sending one to CGC monday.. fingers crossed

ask this nice fella to part with his

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-CGC-9-8-Robert-Kirkman-ALL-1st-Prints-/311329801685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487cb3c5d5

Thanks man. I'll keep an eye on that seller. No way he's getting 12k for 10 books. Just sayin

You know what's crazy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-CGC-9-8-Robert-Kirkman-ALL-1st-Prints-/311329801685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487cb3c5d5

Thanks man. I'll keep an eye on that seller. No way he's getting 12k for 10 books. Just sayin

god no. lol buying those books individually you'd only spend like 4-5k :P

That

Michonne

splash from 139 is epic!

Does $3750 seem like a pretty aggressive price for the OA?

Yes. Ask yourself if you bought that today and put it on the secondary market tomorrow would it sell for the same price? You more than most people on here are savvy about that stuff as well as what the covers go for. Also at that price you could compete for pages from other top top tier books.

As far as my own tastes go though it still bugs me that the pencils and inks aren't on the same page... but maybe that's just me :P

That doesn't take away from it being a very cool splash :)

You know what's crazy?

by far the 1st print of #2 was the hardest book for me to obtain in 9.8. I had to buy several raw and slab copies before I could finally get a 9.8. 6 was a tough one as well but #2 was very hard. Long term I think this is a very good book to have.

That

Michonne

splash from 139 is epic!

Yes. Ask yourself if you bought that today and put it on the secondary market tomorrow would it sell for the same price? You more than most people on here are savvy about that stuff as well as what the covers go for. Also at that price you could compete for pages from other top top tier books.

As far as my own tastes go though it still bugs me that the pencils and inks aren't on the same page... but maybe that's just me :P

I agree with you 100% about the art being on the same page. We are spoiled. lol

There's a page that I'm actually dying to buy. Haven't seen one that's caught my attention like that in a while. Great Michonne splash though. If you like it, buy it.

It is a really really cool splash, way outta my price range. I'd rather save up just a few more bucks and have a cover from Adlard. OA OA (original art-only adlard)

You know what's crazy?

by far the 1st print of #2 was the hardest book for me to obtain in 9.8. I had to buy several raw and slab copies before I could finally get a 9.8. 6 was a tough one as well but #2 was very hard. Long term I think this is a very good book to have.

Yes #2 second print was difficult to obtain, now it looks like there's more than first prints. Oh how the tides have turned. :cry:

That

Michonne

splash from 139 is epic!

I suppose I should have been candid and said that I thought it was too high. I was just stirring conversation about it. I agree with the above.

However, if prices were much lower since pencils/inks are separate & the book came out yesterday, It.would be nice :)

You know what's crazy?

#2b was easily the hardest one to find for my set. Not all 9.8's but I think that I've had 15 #1's, 3-4 #2's, 6-7 #33b's, 6-8 #34b's and a bunch of WWPDX #1b's only because I happen to live in Portland and scarf them up every chance I get. 2b was easily most difficult.

I need #2 :cry:

you'll find one :P i got a deal on a raw copy on eBay that looked nice. That damn back black cover is always a pain to find nice. But its looking more of a 9.4... fingers crossed for a 9.6 on the one I'm sending in

Some really great art on eBay. That Gov page was offered to me a while ago, but the price was a bit steep. Not a huge commission fan, but that's too good to pass up.

I'm thinking the commission ends at $1,100. Page ends off eBay private sale for $4800. It's a great page, but just not worth what the chap wants for it.