• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I hear you and you're probably right but in this specific case the mask is a symbol of anonymity and hiding among the dead. Anyone can be under any dead skin, they are all alike. What makes the character unique is who is under it, hence why I think #138 is more important.

Again, I would agree except Shawn said it was her in 132. If he said 138, I'd go that way. (thumbs u

hm Wonder is Clutch owning the shotgun appearance from 132 has anything to do with that? :baiting:

No.....don't think so........he is just holding that for me.

I hear you and you're probably right but in this specific case the mask is a symbol of anonymity and hiding among the dead. Anyone can be under any dead skin, they are all alike. What makes the character unique is who is under it, hence why I think #138 is more important.

Again, I would agree except Shawn said it was her in 132. If he said 138, I'd go that way. (thumbs u

hm Wonder is Clutch owning the shotgun appearance from 132 has anything to do with that? :baiting:

No.....don't think so........he is just holding that for me.

lol

Someone needs to show me why 132 is the first full appearance of Alpha over 138. I just don't see it.

She also appears in 133 in two pages talking to Dante.

Can anyone show me she is Alpha before 138. The answer is no....the only way you can prove it is after the fact of issue 138. There is no way to tell in 132 its a woman, what her name is, etc etc. Later on we all figure it out. Mask off, bald lady, she says her name is Alpha that is the first time anyone knows she is a individual and not just one of the whisperers attacking let alone the leader of the whisperers.

Edited by natevegas

Someone needs to show me why 132 is the first full appearance of Alpha over 138. I just don't see it.

Can anyone show me she is Alpha before 138. The answer is no....the only way you can prove it is after the fact of issue 138. There is no way to tell in 132 its a woman, what her name is, etc etc. Later on we all figure it out. Mask off, bald lady, she says her name is Alpha that is the first time anyone knows she is a individual and not just one of the whisperers attacking let alone the leader of the whisperers.

I think that's the answer.... We find out its her after the fact.it's just the way it was set up in the book. I don't think anyone can argue its not her.that's how Kirkman wrote her into a story... I'm sure Adlarf was drawing her with certain characteristics and the shotgun.

I think that's the answer.... We find out its her after the fact.it's just the way it was set up in the book. I don't think anyone can argue its not her.

Exactly I'm not arguing its not her. I'm just saying the reader wouldn't know its her till 138.

I'm not really a comic guy anf really don't understand all the terms... But does first appearance mean the first time you see somebody or the first time they introduce themselves with a name?

I'm not really a comic guy anf really don't understand all the terms... But does first appearance mean the first time you see somebody or the first time they introduce themselves with a name?

IDK its like IH 180 he's on the last panel says his name is Wolverine but that is considered a cameo. lol

lol yeah right.... I'm just having fun with it.

Thanks Kirkman and other big publisher for making this so confusing and aggravating. Make a darn 1st appearance a true first appearance and stop all this after the fact puzzle piece junk aside.

I have an early Tony Moore page that I swear has Andrea in the background for the first time in the comic.but you can't make her out really only the outfit that she's wearing.She shows up a page later wearing the same outfit as the girl I can't make out, is it her? I'm sure it is... But in reality it's not quite the first appearance that everyone wants to see.

Thanks Kirkman and other big publisher for making this so confusing and aggravating. Make a darn 1st appearance a true first appearance and stop all this after the fact puzzle piece junk aside.

You're right. Kirkman should focus more on the logistics of a collector based series. :D

You're right. Kirkman should focus more on the logistics of a collector based series. :D

there won't be any first appearances when Rick wakes up from his coma...he's not even married or has a kid in real life.