• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Also, any thoughts on the value of #127 going anywhere?

It's probably under-appreciated atm tbh.

The book that pushed things forward a few years and set up the new society that is now the new 'Walking Dead World'

Without it, there wouldn't be stable trade routes, co-operation, fishing, and of course new characters and threats.

Outside of #1-3 and #19 (possibly #92 if Jesus sticks around) - then #127 and #132 might be the next biggest keys.

Certainly with time #27 and #53 are losing their 'status' - and first apps like Tyreese are already forgotten by most.

#132 may be a fizzer if Alpha gets whacked in the next 10 episodes, but #127 will always be the book that advanced the entire Walking Dead Universe to a new place.

2c

I agree. Issue #127 seems like a winner long term but I think #27 and #53 are and will remain bigger long term but who knows. If Magna and Zombie Bernie become big players, the sky is the limit. (thumbs u

In hindsight, you are probably right about #27. :foryou:

I dunno about Abe - great character that was killed off way too soon imho.

It will probably come down to how long he lasts on the TV show.

Although he lasted nearly 40 issues (?) in the book - there is no guarantee he won't die in the first one or two episodes of the TV series - and in all truth, the real $ spike in #53 came when he appeared on screen.

Always regret selling my copy :cry:lol

Well that's why I was wondering. I'm not a speculator by any means, but I was tipped off on 127 and decided to buy a bunch (6), but I see them on eBay for just a little above cover, so wasn't really sure. I don't mind holding them. :)

I dunno about Abe - great character that was killed off way too soon imho.

It will probably come down to how long he lasts on the TV show.

Although he lasted nearly 40 issues (?) in the book - there is no guarantee he won't die in the first one or two episodes of the TV series - and in all truth, the real $ spike in #53 came when he appeared on screen.

Always regret selling my copy :cry:lol

Abe and Rosita are gone but Eugene lives on.

Doesn't anyone think with the new developments in the last issue that it maybe a chance for Magna to become a major player?

It seems 127 introduced her and then she's been forgotten since the Whisperers became the main focus of the current arc

Most of them are 2nd prints that sold cheaply (but I only had a quick glance - and ebay Australia doesn't show items that sellers won't ship abroad) so you may be looking at 2nd print sales. Dunno.

First prints certainly seem to be going from $15 - $25 each - unless they are by auction in which case they seem to be lower (supply/demand etc)

Slabs of #127 (9.8) - prices seem to be all over the place.

I never slabbed any so I can't comment on CGC sales - perhaps the cheaper ones have been hoovered up, as the ones I can see (excluding ones who won't sell to Australia) seem to be around the $100 asking price. It may be different on ebay USA, but I haven't looked.

It should be a book that appreciates - but maybe it will take another 20 or 30 issues before punters realise that this whole new era started with #127.

Or it may just go back to being a $5 book. (shrug)

Eventually, the market will decide I guess.

Good Luck! :foryou:

Abe and Rosita are gone but Eugene lives on.

Very good point.

HEY! I'm not in SD. What's going on? How are things?!

I met Big Clutch (thumbs u

I watched Mark at Splash Page take issue #114's cover along with

Zekes head on a spike and the splash of staked heads

And wrap them up for someone .. There were a some pages left from the issue

Hey Guys!

I met Awax today. Dude is awesome!

It's 132.

-shawn

It's 180.

-len

127-144

All of them or are some better than others?

They're all good.

127 first new people

132 first alpha

138 first alpha revealed name

death of everyone

I think Dante is in there but I forgot his first app.

Cool, which book had the first appearance of Alpha's daughter?

135 1st Full appearance of Lydia

I really think issues 131 (1st Darius), 133 (1st Lydia cameo (unnamed)) and 135 (1st full Lydia) have legs.

I want the Michonne action figures and maybe another anniversary box if they post them for $80.

:wishluck:

yeah, same....if I can get a couple for $80 it will take the sting off the ones I bought too early :lol:

127-144

They're all good.

127 first new people

132 first alpha

death of everyone

I really think issues 131 (1st Darius), 133 (1st Lydia cameo (unnamed)) and 135 (1st full Lydia) have legs.

That's funny - midtown had several 133 and 135s in stock when I posted this, now all sold out.

127-144

They're all good.

127 first new people

132 first alpha

death of everyone

I might add 134 in there. Lydia does appear, has lines, get stabbed and captured by Jesus. All before her unmasking.

Whisperers - 130

Dante - 131

Darius is 133. He's the guy Jesus brought back after the Whisperers stabbed him.

I want the Michonne action figures and maybe another anniversary box if they post them for $80.

yeah, same....if I can get a couple for $80 it will take the sting off the ones I bought too early :lol:

Nothing is going to help my sting exept a golden ticket.... Maybe lol

if one of my boxes has B/W in it....I'm happy....tempted to buy one of the $120 boxes on ebay....if they do go up on Skybound I don't see them lasting very long

are you the James that has all those Boxes on ebay for sale.

Edited by krighton

if one of my boxes has B/W in it....I'm happy....tempted to buy one of the $120 boxes on ebay....if they do go up on Skybound I don't see them lasting very long.

are you the James that has all those Boxes on ebay for sale.

No not me.... I don't sell on eBay or any where for that matter.

I have done a few trades and may passed some WD stuff at cost to a few fellow WD collectors but that's it. Wait for the boxes to hit the Skybound web page. Sounds like they will have left overs.