• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

stopped by a local shop, and he had a copy of walking dead #61 on the shelves for 15% off cover price. only thing is it has stains on the front and back cover, but still....for less than $3, i'll take it.

Hawkman: you are getting very sleepy. Very very sleepy.

Stop buying WDs in southern California until after Stumptown has visited next week. These are not your droids or WDs. Stumptown is your friend. He will buy them so that you don't have to.

You will wake up feeling refreshed and not remember this conversation.

I still have my entire Walking Dead run ready for CGC but I really want to get them signed first....so I'm really hoping Kirkman would make the trip to the new Orleans Wizard show. The last Wizard show down here had the kid who played Carl on the show and I really wanted him to sign and maybe pose with the pages I have from the book with Carl getting shot but the pages didnt get here in time.

stopped by a local shop, and he had a copy of walking dead #61 on the shelves for 15% off cover price. only thing is it has stains on the front and back cover, but still....for less than $3, i'll take it.

Hawkman: you are getting very sleepy. Very very sleepy.

Stop buying WDs in southern California until after Stumptown has visited next week. These are not your droids or WDs. Stumptown is your friend. He will buy them so that you don't have to.

You will wake up feeling refreshed and not remember this conversation.

lol.

i just noticed something....michonne's leg on the walking dead 94 expo variant looks horrible. even with her leg bent, it just doesn't look right at all. neither of her knees is anywhere near the other one. one leg of her shorts is longer than the other too.

Without looking at this entire thread to see if anyone else posted-CGC is sponsoring a WD VIP experiance at the Chicago Comic Con? Will they give away a free ticket or two?

The Walking Dead VIP’s get:

• 4-Day Weekend Pass to Chicago Comic Con

• The Walking Dead VIP Badge

• The Walking Dead Lithograph

• Guaranteed Seating at All The Walking Dead Panels

• (1) The Walking Dead 8x10 Photo (Your Choice) with Signature Tickets (1 for Norman & 1 for Jon) - You can have them sign this photo OR another item on-site

• Norman Reedus & Jon Bernthal DUAL Photo Op

A special thanks to our VIP Sponsor: CGC

http://www.wizardworldcomiccon.com/walkingdeadvip.html

I love where I live for Free Comic Book Day.

I am off to go and see Stuart Sayger to get a sketch done and then an 45 minute drive south to go and see Tony and Kara Moore setup at another LCS.

:acclaim:

i just noticed something....michonne's leg on the walking dead 94 expo variant looks horrible. even with her leg bent, it just doesn't look right at all. neither of her knees is anywhere near the other one. one leg of her shorts is longer than the other too.

Yeah, there's something about that image that bothers me. The proportions are all messed up - something that is characteristic of Adlard's later work. Don't bother me nearly as much as the art in the preview of issue 97 though!

Yeah, there's something about that image that bothers me. The proportions are all messed up - something that is characteristic of Adlard's later work. Don't bother me nearly as much as the art in the preview of issue 97 though!

Rick on the 100 cover, is that supposed to be him fading away at the bottom or did a child get to play with the eraser tool in paint?

Serious question on the 99...is that really a strong price? From what I remember, Splash Art was charging in that range for covers. Does anyone remembe what the 99 cost...couldn't have sold that long ago.

Something about the 1/2 page covers with the blacked out bottom half bother me.

I personally think that the 6 covers of the next arc are total camp. The fact that they're all half covers actually detracts from the appeal of the comic in my opinion.

The Made To Suffer arc, now that's cool. The red theme really works, and it ends with a half page cover (issue 48), that works as a final conclusion.

I just think that it's a waste of covers, and Charlie to show his talent. I've seen some really cool stuff he's drawn, and for some reason he just doesn't show it in many of his covers..

Edited by Phillip