• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

not that i know. but i think it went for 8K? i cant remember

Close! According to eBay it went for $3651.

I am really sad that I was not part of the bidding on this. Maybe I feel now that I am not that dedicated to the walking dead collection. Anyone wanna buy my collection........ hahahahah J/K........

The Nowell brothers strike again!

Whatya mean? Issue 40 cover? meh.

yeah.

Rick's eyes always bugged me in that drawing.

But it's still a cover!

I sold that cover to them and I would love to see what covers Jerry owns... (shrug)

I can't tell if you are kidding or not? :kidaround:

Either way, I don't own any WD covers anymore - I just sold the Jim Rugg one last week..didn't mean anything by the comment about 40..just saying its not really a grail piece or anything to get caught in a fuss about..

:blahblah:

Right...#40, although featuring Rick, is "meh" and not "anything to get caught in a fuss about..."

On the other hand, #39, although featuring a nobody, is apparently a freakin' diamond:

This is the cream of the crop - short of getting a cover from Tony Moore you could not ask for something better.

As you know - this cover was drawn by the talented Charlie Adlard back in 2006 - THE SAME YEAR HE WON THE EISNER AWARD!!

As you also know - issue 39 was a VERY pivotal issue with some huge things happening in it which will no doubt be included in the hit TV SHOW!

This cover is an absolute gem - EARLY covers DO NOT COME ON THE MARKET VERY OFTEN --

Don't believe me? It says so right here in Jerry's auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item20c6366ffb&item=140764409851&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=uPFsLp32%252Be8%252F860MtJqOnV2fI6w%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

lol

On a side note, you guys think "Black label goodness" is too vague for a listing?

i would put "Walking Dead #1" in the title. and on the subject, why is that wonderful comic raw?

If I don't sell it...she's going to visit joeypost and then be slabbed.